Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Buying an intermediate level guitar

Buying an intermediate level guitar

Hiya, all!

I'm in my 5th year of guitar study. My teacher said that it's time for me to buy a new guitar. (I still use my beginner guitar, the cheapest Yamaha I found at that time :P)

He handed me a copy of a Hauser, made by a local guitar builder. His offer is USD 1000. I like that one, it makes my Yamaha sounds like a toy guitar. >.<' But this is the first "real" guitar that I ever try. So I don't have any comparison.

It's not that I don't trust my teacher, but I think I'd like to shop around. USD 1000 is a serious amount of money for me. But since I have zero knowledge in choosing a guitar, can any of you give me some suggestions on what to look for in a guitar?

Thanks!

Hi there...gear discussions aren't actually allowed here, I'd suggest going to The Acoustic Guitar Forum and asking there, it's a high traffic site where you're sure to get lots of responses (or just search their archives - similar questions have been posted there approximately one million times before )

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/

Ooopsss...sorry and thanks! >.<'