Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: What must I do?

Question What must I do?

What must I do guys from being repitive in my playing? The way how I practice scales by starting on a root note and ending on a root note when playing with a band it has to change. Something got to give. But what must I do?

Stop practising scales and start practising music....

Learn real melodies from real songs then play them in every way you can think of.
    ie change the: tempo, groove, harmony, genre, phrasing, tone, instrument ect ect

Quote Originally Posted by dwest2419 View Post
    What must I do guys from being repitive in my playing? The way how I practice scales by starting on a root note and ending on a root note when playing with a band it has to change. Something got to give. But what must I do?
    Like borge says, stop practising scales and start playing some music.

And maybe take a break from posting questions here...

Not that we mind your questions, but you'd learn a lot more from just playing and listening. The real answers are in sounds, not words. Even when words are useful, you have to play the sounds to understand them.
    If you're posting here because you don't have access to your guitar right now - so you can't just switch off and pick it up - then try listening to some music instead.

learn some music theory to know what other notes you can use besides always staritng and ending on root notes. There is a lot you can do with other notes as well if you undrestand how the theory behind it works.