Just a few a ground rules first...
Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.
If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!
- Close -
Proper way to learn how to improvise
1. Learn tonal harmony and how to harmonize the melody by ear
2. Identify the temporary tonic chords in your song
3. Establish a separate chord progression that resolves to each temporary tonic - this chord progression is for improvisational purposes only
4. Learn which tones are appropriate for a specific chord and which tones are to be avoided (because they unintentionally change the harmony for that chord)
5. Start noodling around with those improvisational tones and connecting them from chord to chord. the set of allowed tones changes with each chord
6. learn to establish target tones, either against the key or the changes
By Mikeman9412@gma in forum Guitar Technique
Last Post: 11-10-2009, 09:58 AM
By HeadSouth! in forum Getting Started
Last Post: 04-28-2008, 03:40 PM
By Whale and Wasp in forum Improvisation
Last Post: 04-01-2007, 02:00 AM
By Michael. A in forum Improvisation
Last Post: 11-01-2006, 04:32 PM
By danielkirk1 in forum Improvisation
Last Post: 02-26-2006, 05:14 AM