Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: difference between amateur and professional players

difference between amateur and professional players

hi guys

I would like to ask you for help. I have hard times to define how profesional playing is different when compared to amateur playing. I don't think in terms of money earned. I think about the skills. Is this that profesionals are more imaginative, have better ear for music or have better anatomy of their fingers and wrists for instance so that they can sound better? What is your opinion? Where is the line that separates profesionals from amateur players? Again, i don't think into account money cause I believe that there are many profesional level guitarists that don't make money on playing.

think about the skills. Is this that profesionals are more imaginative, have better ear for music or have better anatomy of their fingers and wrists for instance so that they can sound better?

I think the same as 022ahnoor. If you are professional you will hear everything. When I start my adventure with Piano, my teacher was telling me about mistakes, but I didn't heard them , I didn't know when I was doing this mistakes. I was terrible player at the beginning, but know I good now. I love Piano ever since. I belive even if you are not good player,bu t you love playeing some instrument you should keep going, try it, play the same part few times, practice.

I think it all boils down to experience. Some experiences will get you there faster and some will take you the long way there.
    It's a lot like learning to swim. Your first time you want to stick to the shallow end of the pool and sometimes you may be
    stuck there for a long time. At some point you have to build up the courage to swim in the deep end of the pool. That is where
    the real learning begins.

Basically, amateur athletes are not paid for their athletics performances. On the other hand professional athletes, are paid annual salaries plus incentives tied to individual and team performance.