Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: What piece to learn?

What piece to learn?

I've been studying classical guitar for a year, with half of that with a tutor. Since I've been playing cello and violin for over a decade prior, picking up guitar was very easy. Currently I'm learning Roland Dyen's arrangement of El Choclo, and polishing off Libra Sonatine 3rd Movement. I bought a acoustic and electric guitar a few months ago in a futile attempt to branch out of the classical repertoire, though I honestly have no idea what to play. So any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by kl31 View Post
    I've been studying classical guitar for a year, with half of that with a tutor. Since I've been playing cello and violin for over a decade prior, picking up guitar was very easy. Currently I'm learning Roland Dyen's arrangement of El Choclo, and polishing off Libra Sonatine 3rd Movement. I bought a acoustic and electric guitar a few months ago in a futile attempt to branch out of the classical repertoire, though I honestly have no idea what to play. So any suggestions?
    I have no idea what you like. Recommend you get to a local music store and purchase some pop, rock or country books of sheet music. Might give lead sheet or fake chord sheet music a look see. I've always had good luck with Googling - chords,, "name of the song".

Quote Originally Posted by kl31 View Post
    String has some age on it - if you are still around -- I have no idea what you like. Recommend you get to a local music store and purchase some pop, rock or country books of sheet music. Might give lead sheet or fake chord sheet music a look see. I've always had good luck with Googling - chords,, "name of the song".

What kind of music you like?

You can take help form the video to learn what you want. Video presentation will clear your concept.

gran vals is a great peice