Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: guitar techniques magazine

guitar techniques magazine

Has anyone ever seen this magazine before? It's cool! It came with a CD with lessons on it and some neat stuff.

The latest issue features Robben Ford with a live performance! Robben Ford is quite amazing, IMHO. The mag is expensive though, $13 w/tax.

Can any of you British folks explain what "tuition" means in proper English? The magazine says it is "The Ultimate Tuition Magazine", which I guess means the ultimate learning magazine to us US folks.
    -Bizarro
    Google is your friend Hidden Content

Tuition means Instruction or Teaching I think. Although I am not British, my parents live there and I get them to pick me up a copy from England. It's a little cheaper to buy it that way but that pound is still about one and a half times higher than my American dollar so I still lose a bit in the deal. That magazine is hard to find in the States too. The only place I have found it is at Barnes and Nobles. But my parents have no trouble at all locating it.

GT has a sister mag called Total Guitar that is similar but not quiet as advanced. Check it out too.

Afro-Cuban Grunge-Pop Bongo Boy's Avatar
    Yes, 'tuition' means 'instruction', especially individually or small-group instruction. The use of the word this way is totally new to me also.
    Pulsing the System with Confirmed Nonsense.

Posting Rights Suspended Anubis's Avatar
    Bizarro I'm glad you have finally discovered the magazine that made my guitar playing life a lot more fun and easier many years ago.
    I discovered Guitar Techniques magazine as early as 1994.
    I have subscribed for many years to that magazine.
    Best magazine ever in my opinion for people who wants to learn guitar.
    And the fact that it comes with pro-recorded backing tracks is one of the best things.
    Then the magazine have some monster players to like Guthrie Govan, Shaun Baxter and Dave Kilminster to mention a few.
    The magazine might seem expensive but compare it to the cost of private guitar lessons and it isn't very expensive.

It is a very impressive magazine. Borders bookstore carries it in Seattle, and I'm fairly certain they have Total Guitar too.

I'm listening to the CD now. It is very well done!

The live Robben Ford tune is cool (Talk to your Daughter). I could study that tune for the rest of my life and still discover new things in there. He's a genius.
    -Bizarro
    Google is your friend Hidden Content

Yeh living in jolly old england i have no problem getting GT, and i do every month. Its a great mag, and the tuition - teaching, whatever u wanna call it, is top class. Most of the writers for the magazine teach at the London guitar institute, which some of u may have heard of - many artists have been there including those outta 'Reef' for instance.
    "The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart.
    The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace."