Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Richie Kotzen

Richie Kotzen

Hello everyone !!

Iīm from Spain and Iīm new here !!

Well this is my question : what do you think about Richie Kotzen???.....

I really LOVE Richie Kotzen guitar style, songs & music. Itīs an amazing musician & guitar player. I love all Richie albums.

Richie is an awesome fusion guitar player with an amazing technique (sweeps, tapping, legato..). Please tell me what you think about Richie style.

And my last question : Someone can help me with Richie Kotzen guitar style??? ...someone have licks, lessons, tabs...????
    I love Richie fusion style, PLEASE HELP ME with licks, lessons....

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Regards.

I have 2 Richie's albums ("Fever Dream" and "The Inner Galactic Fusion Experience"), and I like those, mainly late. The Inner Galactic... is a great jazz/fusion album.

This post got alot of hits . Kotzen was in Poison at one time ,which is stricktly a chick scene, a fun concert if you have good seats. Are there any pictures of naked chicks on this thread or anything?

Bienvenido! (welcome) I'm sure you'll like this site, there're tons of info around here. Stick around and this site will take your playing to a new level and expand your knowledge.

Hope you like it here.

Regards,
    "If God had wanted us to play the piano he would've given us 88 fingers"

burn

hi.Kotzen..i'm almost finish my tab for "burn" Mr big
    but i've qlittle trouble..when i check score..there's 48 errors..contain things like this: measure total under 3/8
    measure total over 1/4 etc..i don't really understand how to fix this..please someone help me........!!

Jeansen
    it means that there are too many or not enough notes in each bar. The TAB is rhythmically incorrect.
    Simple example: If you have a time signature of 4/4, and there is a passage of 8th notes in the song, you should have 8 of these 8th notes per bar. If you have less or more, the program will consider this a mistake ( it IS one )- did you use bars ? I have seen TABs where people didnīt include any at all...
    Eric

Hello !!

Yes Ericīs right !!your TAB is rhythmically incorrect. Please try to do well the rhythm.

Regards

Hey EricV !! one question for you.

First, is a placer for me "talk" with you man.

...and, have you heard the Richie Kotzen song/solo "The Answer" from Slow album?????... maybe you can help me/us with the incredibles licks & chops from this AWESOME Richieīs solo !!!

Best Regards

tHANX..I'LL TRY to fix it..if i can't i 'll sent to Both of U

hello..again..i've finshed it but i've got another problem..
    when i try to play it start from the beggining..there's something wrong
    the bending doesn't work...n then the rest of the solo sounding weird but the funny thing is that when i play it from some current possition the bend goes normal n it just sound fine for the rest of the tab..
    is there something wrong with my power-tab?
    Last edited by Jeansen; 05-08-2004 at 04:05 AM.

Hello !!!

Attached your .ptb file here on this post and maybe i or other person can help you ok???? or if you want send me the .ptb

Regards.

the tab

hello..this is the tab
    but it doesn't work well as well as i hope..i'm quite sure that the notes are correct( i've played it myself ) but the power-tab doesn't work well...please help me on the score checker also.. oh,ya..i may have some mistake on timing the notes ( 8th,16th, etc ) sorry, i'm only a begginer power-tab user n never wrote something i transcribed with a musical notation before...if someone there can help me to fix n make it perfect please send me the correction...thx U
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeansen; 05-08-2004 at 02:58 PM.

Hi Jeansen !!

Well i saw and heard the powertab and thereīre so many wrong notes and the rhythm on various measures is incorrect , but i think is a good attempt beacuse is a very complicated solo to tab. I made a tab of this solo last year (too with many incorrections), iīll attached for you next days. Iīll try to help you with this amazing solo.

Anyway, good tab man.
    Regards.

Kotzen.. thx U . please send me the correction of my tab.... n i would really exited to see yours..
    i don't know if there's wrong notes or the power-tab doesn't work well cause i've played it and my friends said that it was preety much the same as what Kotzen did ( man!!, he's fast ) n when i seperated one part per part ( throw it to a new document..it sounds different!)

or try this..delete measure 71,72,73,74,75,76,77 n delete also the bend on measure 64 ( fret 17 ) n the bend on measure 69 ( fret 15 ). Now, play it again from the beggining of solo..what do you hear ? ( i attach it right now..same tab but i delete those part i've mentioned above..

tell me , am i goin' insane ??? someone out there..tell me what's wrong with my tab?

i'm quite sure that the notes played are correct but yes, the timing (8th,16th,or 32th,64th notes) may incorrect..
    n about the rythm..please someone teach me..!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeansen; 05-09-2004 at 05:49 AM.

Jeansen,

I took a quick look at your TAB. A lot of the measures have less notes than theyīre supposed to.
    Take measure 68... there are ten 16th notes in there. Well, the time signature of the song is supposed to be 4/4, so there need to be sixteen 16th notes in there in order to "fill up" the measure.
    If i.e. the last note is to be held out ( sustaining ), you need to give it the right length, i.e. a quarter note.
    It wonīt sound right if there arenīt enough notes ( or unsufficient note lengths ) in a measure, especially if the metronome of the program is on.
    Eric