Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ear Training

Ear Training

I dont know If I have to wait more But its is really hard for me to belive that one day I can do it ( figuring out how a song is play by listining to the song), if I just keep doing what I am doing right now.
    I listen to a song over and over again, I can seprate drums, bass, and guitars. But I cant decide what chord they are playing, how many time they play it, up or down stroke.
    Is there anyway to improve ear training? Programs on internet?
    Hats off to people who can do this man. I can see myself playing a fast solo that I cant play now, but picking up the song by ear is really a talent.
    Carpe Diem

Hi Tune2B!

This topic has popped up several times on IBreathe forum so you may find these threads interesting:

Ear training thread #1

Ear training thread #2

Ear training thread #3

Ear training thread #4

Ear training thread #5

Ear training thread #6

BTW, there is IBreathe patented method of ear training called "Perfect Pitch with Vacuum Cleaner" Read about it in detail:

Ear training thread #7

Warm regards,
    Zatz
    Last edited by Zatz; 10-07-2003 at 10:07 AM.
    Zadd9 -> A6 -> T#9b5 -> Zmaj7

go to www.guitarworld.com and look in the lessons section. it has 6 lessons by Steve Vai that are VERY helpful.

Steve Vai lessons are great

and you could also download ear master pro which is a very good program

it has rhytm and intervals and all you need

Originally posted by JEM555
    and you could also download ear master pro which is a very good program

it has rhytm and intervals and all you need
    Hm, yes, and it also has a price tag of 60 dollars...

Any good freeware out there on the net...?

Edit: Does anyone know how long the Ear Trainer Pro demo keeps working...? Or is it just limited in it's posibilities? Yes, I know I can try the demo myself, but I don't like to install stuff without knowing what I get... Before yuo know it, Windows is a big mess...
    Last edited by hellogoodbye; 10-18-2003 at 05:43 PM.

Talking

Hey there is a great ear training programme at www.miles.be
    just go there...u'll see it straight away and its completely FREE...some guy created it to develop his ears...and its brilliant..probably one of the best ear training programme around the world!...and as i already said its totally FREE!!.....anyone who wants to train there ears to attempt to get pitch recognition/absolute pitch should dl it!!...i've seen a massive improvement in my ears already after only a few days!
    Hope this was helpful...
    Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead...You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try. Robert Leighton

Thanks for the link, dloading as I write, ill let you guys how it goes.

One Odd Duck
    Koala did that Stevevairules download work for you? I downloaded it, but cant seem to get it to unzip. I am a complete moron w/ computers though. I am super excited to get ear training underway. I always saw that perfect pitch article in Guitar mags, but was leary to purchase. Good luck!

One Odd Duck
    Hey Koala, I did a search and see your a fellow Buckethead fan. What do you think of Bucketheadland 2? What about his soon to be coming 2 disc DVD?

Hey freakshow! Yes the zip file did work for me, i guess you should try dloading it again?

Regarding Buckethead, id kinda lost track of him over the past year or so and i didnt even know about bucketheadland 2! Is it out yet? If so whats it sound like? LOL thanks for the news ill be searching for clips right now!

One Odd Duck
    Yes it is out and the fans seem to be split on whether they like it or not. I love it! Cd universe has it and it ships right away. The production of the cd is really good, and lots of licks. It is a concept disc with weird park employees talking throughout the disc guiding guests to the attractions. He's got some new chops on this one, and it's pretty heavy for what he's been doing lately.

About Earmaster download the demo and go to lomalka.ru.
    Originally posted by: methodlessman

Only an arrogant *** would quote himself in his own sig.
    http://www.power-chord.com/gaff/mapper/

Hey Freakshow, it sounds good so ill be getting that, by your description it doesnt sound far from bucketheadland....
    Ill let ya know as soon as i get it my thoughts...

One Odd Duck
    Yes koala instead of being 19 he's in his early 30's, sort of similar to Bheadland, but his wallet produced much more fun!! Come back to Buckethead we need visitors. If you liked/understood b-headland 1 this in my humble opinion decimates any running guitar work. The guy is just sick when it comes to licks! If you have any feeling for the original, you WILL love the remake! I needed to listen a few times though!!!

One Odd Duck
    Playin with an outside face