Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: question about song in schindler's list

question about song in schindler's list

this may seem like a strange question but it's about a song i want to learn but i don't know the name of but it's not on the schindlert's list sound track.
    i'll try to descibe the scene,

it's in the very beginning when schindler first goes to the party and buys drinks for all the nazi guards and he stats dancing with girls and such but it's a tango piece played by the band in the room the whole time. i was wondering if anybody knew the name of it or if they could watch it (it's in the first 5 min.) it's really good i think it may be astor piazzola but i not sure.

i some gets this i will be so grateful.

thanks

that is close i think that may be the 2nd song the band plays but it is done it that style though.

thanks for the reply

anybody else have a guess?

c'mon i know one of you has a copy

if you could just watch a maybe just figure out the main melody played on the violin.

it's been bothering me for days because when in school i can reme,ber it just fine and i can't wait to get to instrument to play it but by the time i get home it has disapeared.

little help please

Maybe nobody is replying because they can't help you.

-Dan

Por Una Cabeza

I've been trying to look for a song from there too. Maybe your song is Por Una Cabeza

thanks alot ,

that was it ,i had given up looking,

i appreciate it very much

thanks

does anyone know the piece also played in schindler'slist, the mozart piano piece.

i'll try and dexcibe the scene,
    it's when the nazi's are rooting through the ghetto and shooting people and during the whole thing this nazi is playing a Mozart(i sure of that because one of the guards said so) it sounds like a fugue or another kind of contrapuntal music.

anyway it's incredibly intense and i'd love to learn it so if anyone could help me out with the name that'd be great.

\thanks