Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Tablature..

Tablature..

http://www.guitarstart.com/comments.php?id=P346_0_1_0_C

The tab for that... can someone explain the intro? When there's nothing on a string (no number or x) do I still play it?

Posting Rights Suspended Anubis's Avatar
    If you mean that it's only a flat line ---------------------------
    No you don't play it.

Question... are tabs written for acoustic and electric guitar that much different? I think these may sound bad because they aren't acoustic in nature.

I'm all about the acoustic.

Are the tabs essentially the same, though?

Yes they are. Things like some wild tapping or some of those wicked 2 and a half steps bending may not be possible on acoustic but besides that yeah, they're the same.
    "If God had wanted us to play the piano he would've given us 88 fingers"

If I'm not mistaken the ---x--- 's are muted strings. Just lay part of your finger across that string for that part. Takes some practice.. And it shouldnt matter if you use an acoustic or electric. that tab looks kinda hard actually heh.. good luck . Its important to push yourself so have at it! I'm trying to learn Freewill by Rush and that has been quite a challenge. Come to think of it. Smells Like Teen Spirit was difficult too.. Seems like every song is hard at first but then after a While it just "clicks" and it just flows from the hands and there is no more thinking involved. Beautiful thing ... Sorry, im rambling.. Back to Freewill.