Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: New TK song

Hm that might be an interesting idea. I certainly need a lot more of technical practice before attempting the real thing but I can try and reproduce the feel of the solo.

BTW Thorsten, as a fellow lefty, do you know shops that carry larger amounts of lefthanded guitars (with that I mean 10+)? I'm able to travel to germany so if you know some it would be really helpfull. Its a must for me to try out anything before I buy something and I'd like to get some decent orientation on all the brands/models (despite there is only a selection lefthanded available).

Thx for the reply.

Greets, Buebo.

I donīt know where from the Netherlands you are but you should definitely visit my music store of trust (one of the biggest in the world btw):

Musik Produktiv

Itīs located in Ibbenbueren/Germany which is not far from the dutch border. They have a special corner just for lefthanded guitars and I think they probably have every lefthanded guitar on the market and the ones they donīt have they sure can order.

I remember at one time they had a lefthanded Guild Brian May Red Special...(mmmmhhhh very tempting )

So the store is really great, definitely worth a visit!

Sakkaku, yeah Paulīs not too bad... (jk)

Later
    TK

That is just an epic piece!!! Really cool!!! What kind of creative process do you go through to create something so cool? I love how it moves from one section to the next and just draws you through the whole thing!!!

TK, that music store website is horrible, it's all in German or something! I couldn't even find a guitar pedal! LOL!!
    -Bizarro
    Google is your friend

Hey John thanks a lot man, really appreciate it!

Iīd like to give you some answer but just to remind me: Which song are you refering to?

Bizarro, old pal! You can find an english site on the bottom of the pages but do you really need a german translation for something like "Tube Screamer"? Itīs all in english anyway...

Cheers
    TK
    Last edited by Thorsten; 09-08-2004 at 05:41 PM.

Altered Illusions - is the one I was refering to - that thing just rocks!!

Oh I see... well again Thanks a lot!

I guess I just try to record the music I hear in my head and that reflects how I feel the moment I compose it. Basically, the music I record is the music I wanna hear so I just leave out the parts I donīt wanna hear.

So for "Altered Illusions" I wanted to compose something really twisted, complicated and evil sounding and something that tells a story or creates a certain vision in the listeners mind. I had several riffs that stuck in my head and that I wanted to use so it was just a matter of combining them in a way that it sounds natural.

The great thing about instrumental music is that you`re not stuck on a certain format like verse/ Chorus/ verse/ solo/ Chorus or something that`s used in many vocal oriented rock and pop songs,though I write stuff like that too. Itīs really just about how I feel and what I feel inspired to write. So next, I might come up with a three chord punk tune, you never know...

Do you write the music out section by section before you record? Do you map out how the piece is going to progress and the transitions you want to make? Or...do you sit down with a recorder and experiment until you get the right sound? Sorry to bug you so much - It is just very impressive...

Hey John no problem!

I sit down with a drum computer a lot and many ideas come during
    programming further and further into the song.

I have like a rough picture of the song in my head and try to recreate it on guitar. Once I know what Iīm doing on guitar I start programming the drums, so by the time the drums are finished I played the guitar parts many, many times already, tried out different versions and ideas and have a good idea of the lead guitar so I defintely know what Iīm doing when it comes to recording which makes the actual recording process pretty quick, I just need to find good sounds.

I rarely write down songs in notation or tabulature, like I said, by the time I record I have it all kinda stuck in my head and I have the drums for orientation which is important specialy on longer instrumental tracks like "Altered...".

The reality is, Thorsten has a program that randomly writes and arranges songs. When he types in the title of the song, the computer interprets the mood and melodies of the song, and it writes the track accordingly. All Thorsten does is just sits back and presses 'play' and his guitar automatically plays itself.

Oh by the way, I'm joking!
    Sakkaku
    -Gitarrenmeister-