Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We need Eric back!!!!

Hybrid View

Exclamation We need Eric back!!!!

Well guys, iBreatheMusic was dealt a major drawback a few days ago.

Eric, who as most of you will know, has contributed more than 30 excellent articles, is one of the driving forces in the forums and a major contributer to 'the pulse', will not be online for the forseeable future.

This is a serious blow to the site, affects the quality of the forums and will mean that we won't be publishing any more of his articles for a while either.

This is because he no longer has access to the computer he used before and can't afford to get a replacement.

After chatting to him on the phone yesterday, I thought we should do something to get him back - fast- so we decided to setup a 'Eric PC Fund' to get him a new PC. We'll need to raise 800 euros for a basic system, 1000 for something quite decent.

So please help contribute with whatever you can, even if its just a couple of Euros. (Please note that Paypal will take 35 cents and a 2.7% commission out of each donation)

We have started the 'kitty' at 100 Euros.

He's really one of the people that makes up the glue of this site and I personally feel this would be a great gesture for all the hours that he's put in.

To donate through paypal, please follow this link:

Please note:
    - This is solely to get Eric a new computer to get him back online. All funds will go directly towards this and none to anything else.
    - Payments will go through PlanC (ie a Guni and Clive account) and will then be transfered to Eric's account.
    - If you don't have a paypal account, you'll need to fill in a basic registration form and then continue to pay by credit card thereafter. It shouldn't take more than 2 mins.
    - We will post updates of the balance at least once a day.
    - We will NOT publish any contribution details whatsoever.

EricV PC Fund: Current Balance in Euros

|----->100
    |-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|
    0 100 200 300 400 500 600 700 800 900 1000

Done. Not much but i've given something. Very low on cash at the mo as i am still at college and only have a part time job. Will donate a bit more at next payday!

This situation sucks for Eric, but in a way im glad because it at least means i can give something back for all the hard work and help he's given.
    "The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart.
    The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace."

Since Eric lives only a 20 min. drive away from my house I just jumped into the car and made my donation hand to hand so to speak.

Eric buddy, you deserve every cent of it. Thanks for introducing me to IBreathe and for all the great articles youīve written so far!

For many more to come...

TK

P.S. Oh yeah, and Thanks for the great Vai bootleg !

Hey for folks like me who are not aware that there is a world out there beyond US borders, I thought I'd give you the exchange rate between Euro's and US Dollars:

EURO USD
    10 11.79
    20 23.58
    30 35.38
    40 47.17
    50 58.96
    60 70.75
    70 82.55
    80 94.34
    90 106.13
    100 117.92

This is based on the rate PayPal is using as of 11/10/03 at 4:10 CST, which is $1 = 0.848 Euros.

Edit: The table didn't format so nicely, but perhaps you can see that 10 euros is $11.79, 20 euros is 23.58, etc.

Edit#2: Nice gesture Guni!
    Last edited by Danster; 11-11-2003 at 09:18 PM.
    Peace

Thanks Danster - I actually forgot to add this link: Exchange Rates

G.

Mod
    getting a pay pal account now

Very nice post, ajdowton - I will let Eric know.

The latest balance:

|-------|-->152
    |-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|
    0 100 200 300 400 500 600 700 800 900 1000

Donation sent and thanks for starting this up. Please everyone who can, donate something, no matter how small. Heck, there are 1,765 forum members if everyone donated just FIFTY CENTS we could do it. Considering all EricV has contributed--- QUALITY articles, answers to your questions, tips, advice, etc-- ON HIS OWN TIME FOR FREE, its the least we can do.
    (At least for me personally, if he did nothing else, the song he has posted at his site "Hidden Creek" is worth a donation. I love that song )

Guni, do you think its a good idea to put something on the main page describing this crisis. Some people may be unaware of this thread. Just a thought.

I want to donate some money , too, but I donīt have a credit card. is there any other way to donate?

please guni, let me know.

Marc

Mod
    yea I think it should somewhere more visible.

1. I think this is a great idea Guni.
    2. Send my best to Eric.
    3. Getting paid friday, ill make my donation then.
    4. Everyone who can, please donate even as little as you can, it is really worth it.
    5. A link on the front page would make things easier for people who dont really know their way around the forums.
    6. Does anyone have anything we can auction off at ebay? Anything you really dont use and couldnt really care about getting rid off, even if its cheap stuff...
    Last edited by Koala; 11-12-2003 at 02:10 PM.

Mod
    definatly a good Idea koala, about auctioning something off. now its just a question of what?

could we maybe auction a advertisement on the front page off or somthing?? like some band could pay to have thier band advertised on a banner on the front page of the site?

Just a thought, I'm sure theres more to it than just that.
    I'll keep my brain goin, and once my pay pal account is up, I'll donate some too