Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Newbie .. hello... and where can I post some mp3 files?

Newbie .. hello... and where can I post some mp3 files?

Hi

A newbie to the forum here. Does anyone know where I can post some mp3 files for free so I can get some critique from you guys?

I heard mp3.com has been sold to cnet and they'll be deleting all the catalog sometime, plus they always take so long to approve songs.

Anyone know of anywhere else?

Re: Newbie .. hello... and where can I post some mp3 files?

Welcome on IBM
    You'll feel comfortable in here, for sure !

Originally posted by FretShock
    A newbie to the forum here. Does anyone know where I can post some mp3 files for free so I can get some critique from you guys? Anyone know of anywhere else?
    Well, you can post some here on the forums, if they weight less than 1Mb. Actually, it may be the best place to get some comments from the crowd
    Of course, it won't be like a repository for all your music like mp3.com (which is so boring I never bothered to even get a song from them) but you'll have the "critique" you wished for
    For posting all of them, I have no idea, maybe someone else on the forum ?

Cheers,
    Laurent Cortier.
    In Japanese, unsui means traveling monk or truth-seeker. Literally, it translates as "cloud and water." To be an unsui is to embody the spirit of Zen Guitar--floating, flowing, at once with and without form. If you learn to view yourself in this way, your journey on the path of Zen Guitar will have no end.
    from Philip Toshio Sudo - Zen Guitar

SC has said it all. If they weigh less than 1mb feel free to post em on here...if they weigh more find some other place to host them and just set up links fropm here so that we may all listen.

Hope this helps,

Afro-Cuban Grunge-Pop Bongo Boy's Avatar
    Welcome!

It also might help, if you choose to ask for a critique, to be specific about what YOU'RE looking for. In other words, just posting a 1 minute clip and asking 'what do you think' probably won't get you real useful feedback. I don't really want to ask someone, "Hey, what do you think of my golf swing?". It's more useful to ask in the context of a particular problem, for example.

So...you may not want or need any comments regarding how well you emulated a well-known recording, but may simply want feedback regarding a specific aspect of technique; or, perpaps you don't need feedback regarding you instrumentalism, but only want feedback on your composition. See what I'm sayin?
    Last edited by Bongo Boy; 12-03-2003 at 08:57 PM.
    Pulsing the System with Confirmed Nonsense.