Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Instrumental Guitar Ballads

Is Don Juan related to Carlos, the writer ("A Yaqui Way of Life", "Journey to Ixtlan" etc.)?
    I guess I am confusing the name of a character in his book with him here, I am talking about Carlos Casteneta.
    "Listen to the Spaces Between the sounds."
    Hidden Content

I have heard a few soundfiles of Chris´... I heard he´s a great player, I need to get my hands on his CD, I guess
    Seems to be a great guy.

Regarding Vinnie... I don´t think the song was in a Bond-movie. But I guess he was inspired by it a bit when he wrote that. The whole "Maze" album is a bit 80-ish. In the 80s, Vinnie played a mixture of progressive and neoclassical rock, his first two albums were like that.
    Then he got more into mainstream, Satch-like stuff, such as the "Meltdown" album ( which was supposed to have vocals ) and "Out Of Nowhere"
    On "The Maze", he kinda mixes up the rather melodic, Satch-type stuff and the neoclassical thing a bit... kinda best of both worlds. I like it.
    He´s a killer player
    Eric

Yeah, he's a great player and a pretty cool guy too.

As for Vinnie, neoclassical is not so much my area of interest, so I guess I might try another one of his recent albums next. I quite like The Maze... I don't hear too much neoclassical stuff in it, except The Thinking Machine, and perhaps a few moments elsewhere. And yeah, he is a killer player. I've been working on Rain and Watching From The Light, and all the little touches he puts on things make a slow song hard to play (for me anyway) Satch does the same thing...

Hey I see you got a couple Neil Zaza songs on one of your compilations. You should also check out, if you havent already, his cover of Purple Rain, the Prince song. One of my favs.

Hello

How can i get to listen to it?

Kind regards

Ben