Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thanks to Thorsten, there now is... VIDEO

...forgot: Maybe we can re-encode the EVB-live clips with this proggie... and get a better quality...
    IŽll give it a try
    Thanks
    Eric

Glad i could help! I had a look at the clips, i'd say go with the settings you used for 'Tap 4' - i cant see any difference in quality between that and the 'Tap 2' or 'Tap 3' files, and the files size is the smallest.

With the EVB videos, if you have the original files - i take it they were probly .AVI's taken from a camcorder or sumthin? You should be able to do a simple convertion with those into windows media format. By the way, on that subject i checked em out earlier just before i went out - they rock man! I was gonna post on that thread but seems were here and the subject came up anyways......I like your solo spot thing, i keep hearing these melodies ur coming out with - i recognise them but cant quite remember where they are from! I'm sure you did the amazing grace melody at one point, unless im mistaken? Lol. Top stuff man.

P.S Its good to see the true green colour of that Ibanez, shes a pretty one!
    "The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart.
    The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace."

Hey there...

Thanks. IŽll continue experimenting with the encoder tomorrow. The show has been recorded on a digital camcorder, than the reocrding was transferred onto a PC and I have it on DVD.
    Gotta rip the video off that DVD with a program,and then encode the result. Im gonna try to keep it small.

The guitar in the live- video isnŽt the same as on the short vids, the new one. The one in the live vid is a JEM7BSB, Steve Vai model. The new one is an RG without pickguard and stuff.
    The show on the 16th ( with Ricky G. YAY ! ) will be recorded as well, IŽll use the RG a lot, so then youŽll see the actual color.

And thanks regarding the feedback on the live-vids.
    The guitar-solo consisted of:

- Dreamer ( that short tapping-instrumental I once wrote, quite similar to SatchŽs "Midnight" I guess )
    -Some Harmonic Minor shredding. ( If I quote anything during that, itŽs an accident )
    - "Old SailorŽs Horn Pipe" ( the Popeye-tune )
    - A bunch of shredding
    - Amazing grace at the end

If I find some cool settings for the encoder, IŽll redo the clips and will then upload a better, full clip of the solo. The last minute or so is missing
    Thanks again
    Eric