Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Guitar Scales Method software any good?

Guitar Scales Method software any good?

Have a look at this piece of software:

http://www.guitarscalesmethod.com/

Now, I know the site reads like any infomercial, promising ecstasy and glory, but I downloaded the trial and later purchased the full version.

Now, it would be great if one of you gurus out there could have a look and let me know if I'm wasting my time (the money is already gone ). If you feel it seems well thought out, etc. it would maybe be a good resource for other students.

Living where I am, I don't have access to a private teacher. The software that teaches by drilling and interactivity seems like a good choice for someone in that situation. The question is whether the patterns and "fragments" used here are sound or if they may lead me to a dead end.

EricV, I see you've reviewed some videos and stuff. Even though I have no aspirations to be a "shredder", I do value your insightfull opinions. Thank you very much for being so active here on the forums and in writing articles. It shows that you have a passion for both the instrument and in helping others reach their goals. Thanks go to all the other guys as well, of course It's not a one man show, and I do value all of your opinions.

Please note that I am not affiliated in any way with the auhor of this software. Being kinda new to the whole modes thingy I just want to make sure I am spending my valuable practice time on something worthwhile.

Thanks!

/KC

P.S. The author of Guitar Scales Method also has the Absolute Fretboard Trainer. There are many of these, of course, but again interactivity and a progress map helps the student stay focused on the method and keep track of progress. I am using this as well, but it's kind of boring

http://www.absolutefretboard.com/
    ________
    CHEAP GLASS BUBBLERS
    Last edited by Rented; 09-12-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Rented,

welcome at ibreathe !
    Thanks for the feedback, glad you like the articles and reviews.

I have only read the text describing the software you linked to... sounds cool, but on the other hand, I think you could teach you scales and patterns and how to practice and apply them on your own, without any tools... other than your guitar and some articles from ibreathe and other sites.
    Interesting... I just finished another article last night, should be online within a few days. Itīs about scales, how to apply them to the fretboard, how to practice them etc.
    Eric

Thanks for the reply EricV!

Excellent, I look forward to your article!
    ________
    AVANDIA HEART ATTACK
    Last edited by Rented; 09-12-2011 at 08:38 PM.