Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my breaking 100 Posts improv. party...

Hybrid View

Talking my breaking 100 Posts improv. party...

Since I broke 100 posts in like 2 1/2 weeks I am going to have an improvisation party....what this is, is.....we all record a sound clip atleast 1 min. long...

Just us and maybe some rythm guitars but nothing else .....now go make 'em ill have mine up a little while later

Have a Good one

Ryan

How should we do it? Just record ourselves messing around, or should we include a backing track too?

no backing track just you...

i am workin mine up as we speak

Hey kramer you still working on your improv? Oh well, I'm just curious, are you shredding, because my improv is pretty much just me playing the A pentatonic and harmonic minor over a little chord progression I made. I'm just trying to get a feel for some spanish music + blues. This is what we are working on in my guitar lessons so I figured this would be a good place to get some feedback, since I don't know if my guitar teacher would be honest with me and say, that was bad, work on it. This will be my first sound sample, so I'm trying to make it sound really good =). As soon as I get a USB cord(later tonight) I'll post it. Later

Angry

I am having a real problem right now!!!!! I was going to put it up 3 days ago!!!!

But my studio wont make an MP3 file of my little improv. thing....so i have to figure out how to get it out of n-track form and into MP3 formatt.....

As for me shreding.....lol....I wish....I am trying my hardest.....but it starts off with this two handed tapping thing and goes into this riff and i merge back down and i play this melody riff (As i call them) and into some sucky lead work IMO.....

But i hope to work out another to get it up so ill let you know in acouple days....

Later,

Ryan

Central Scrutinizer
    This don't exactly fit the rules, but since no ones posted anything
    I figure why not

This sorta qualifies in the sense it was done off the cuff actually tagged onto the end of another song just for fun one night and is loosely improvised.

This is about the moste taseless thing your ever gonna hear and I like to call it wounded bird or slop from hell.
    P.S. Gotta love the ending or least the fact the bloody thing finally ended.
    "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is usually the correct one." William of Occam

Central Scrutinizer
    Oh yea, guess I should actually post it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is usually the correct one." William of Occam

Cool Bash

I'm trying to figure out how to bounce tracks on my digital recorder. Then I'll put up my Spanish Blues improv as I like to call it.

I still cant get my improv. into an MP3 r WAV formatt ..... ....

ummm...try posting that again man you didnt attatch it...

Laiho's heir guitarist wild_child's Avatar
    sorry man, it was too big.. even though the size was just below what it says the maximum is.. dont worry about it.. i'll throw together some impro right now..
    "Remember, it's all good, everything goes and there ain't no damned rules or boundaries. So get off! Tear it a fresh ***, tear it hard, rip gaping holes in it! Make tracks, leave marks!

"forever stronger than all" - Dimebag Darrell

Laiho's heir guitarist wild_child's Avatar
    ok, this is basically just me shredding like a maniac for 3 minutes... dont expect any beautiful melodies or anything because i'm not in that kinda mood lol
    i made it as low quality as it will go so it should work
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Remember, it's all good, everything goes and there ain't no damned rules or boundaries. So get off! Tear it a fresh ***, tear it hard, rip gaping holes in it! Make tracks, leave marks!

"forever stronger than all" - Dimebag Darrell

cool

Gosh, this thread has been around for a while, hasn´t it ? You´re almost up to 200 posts now... so I guess my contribution to this thread is an early celebration of your 200th post

So you wanted something spontaneous, off-the-cuff, like jammin´ on a party, right ? Well, I plugged in the guitar and recorded a short video of me jamming a bit... I should have cut back on the gain and the FX a bit, but hey, when ya jam on a party, you don´t have 15 minutes of soundcheck either, don´t ya ? =)

Hope you´ll like it.
    Here´s the wmv-version ( for Windows Media Player ):

http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/...deo/jammin.wmv

and the RealMedia-version ( for Real One Player ):

http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/...ideo/jammin.rm

Congrats, man =)
    Eric

NP: Zakk Wylde - Book Of Shadows