Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Playing for life

Playing for life

Chris, just wanted to say I really enjoyed your Playing for Life article, its a great insight into how your head works and it gave me some great laughs too

I couldn't agree more with you. I had read it before on chris' site. It's a great article, it was actually one of the things that made me look at my life and realize that making a living from music CAN be done, and it's not just something a few privileged people can do, but is just like any other job (like computers and other trades) you need to be good at what you do, spend some (A LOT OF ) time researching information, an education, the right attitude and a good measure of luck and good timing... Thanks a lot Chris. I can't remember if I told you before, but I really enjoyed it.

Regards,
    "If God had wanted us to play the piano he would've given us 88 fingers"

Mod
    Definatly an awesome article, that not only applys to guitarist, but other things too.

I agree too. Actually I mailed him after reading it and I'm attending to a jazz school! I'm not afraid anymore!
    Thanks a lot!
    "Go without practicing one day, and you know. Go without practicing two days, your friends will know. Go without three days, and everyone knows."

I agree, it was an awesome article, very inspiring. It was one I figured I'd skim, but got so absorbed in it so quickly that before I knew it I had read the entire thing! Now that's good stuff! It gave me a bit of a new perspective, a fresh outlook on a few things, so nice to have one of those!