Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ibreathe Member Compilation ?

Ibreathe Member Compilation ?

Hey,
    I have recently been thinking about all those MP3s that some of the members here have shared with others. There are many very talented musicians around here.
    So I was thinking "What if we make a "virtual compilation" of some of those songs ?"
    I dunno if Ibreathe would provide the file-space for that... after all, thereīs a lot of traffic on the site, and if a bunch of people would download like 70 MBs of MP3s, it might exceed the sites bandwidth. I guess Clive and Guni could tell us what they think.

However, my idea was that we collect like 70 minutes of music, each song being by a member of the forums ( or the members respective band ). Say, a tune by Banghra / Koala, a tune by Thorsten, a tune by Scott Jones etc.

We could either find some filespace in order to share those files, or we could at least make up a list of links, so people can download those MP3s from other sites.
    It would be like an "ibreathe member sampler", and I think it would be quite a nice collection with many different styles ?
    What do you guys think ? If enough people would agree to be part of this, we could try to figure out a way to do it, and then set up some filespace ( either here or at, say, some MP3-site ), and the first, say, 15 submissions will be compiled that way.
    We could do more of those samplers later...
    Just an idea.
    Eric

I would do it....but I dont know if you guys would want me to

Quote Originally Posted by EricV
    I dunno if Ibreathe would provide the file-space for that... after all, thereīs a lot of traffic on the site, and if a bunch of people would download like 70 MBs of MP3s, it might exceed the sites bandwidth. I guess Clive and Guni could tell us what they think.
    I'm afraid, at the moment, we can't offer the webspace for this because our bandwidth usage is already sky high - but it's certainly not out of the question a bit further down the line.

C

I am not surprised here, Guni mentioned some bandwidth issues to me a while ago. But that ainīt a problem. I wasnīt thinking of making a big deal out of this, like some official ibreathe feature.
    I was thinking about just collecting a few tracks by ibreathe members and their bands and putting them ( or links to them ) into one place. We could just as well use an MP3 site like iuma.
    It was just an idea, so far no one seems to be interested anyway
    Thanks, Clive
    Eric

I actually got an account with both Geocities and Spymac that you guys could use as a mirror site if it happens

I actually stop using the Geocities account like couple of years back when I was in high school, its suppose to get deleted if I dun use it for I think 3 months or something but its still around guess we can make use of it.

-Beast
    "Try practice using restraint in your playing. You don't always have to use guitar music as a vehicle to show all you can do. Learning is great because you widen your vista, but it doesn't mean you have to put it all in what you do. I feel it's more important to work on developing your own unique voice on the instrument"
    -Eric Johnson

great idea Eric,

I wanna be a part of it.

Marc
    "Truth is the invention of a liar." - von Foerster

Beast, thanks a lot for the offer. Iīll check out the rules of the iuma-site and see what I can do regarding getting some file-space.

Marc, thatīs great. It would be cool if we could put up one of the songs from the Gooskin-CD... or do you have anything else to share ? Lemme know.

And everyone else who wants to be part of it, simply reply to this thread... I think everyone who wants to be involved could post a link to the MP3, plus some additional info about the song ( lineup of the band involved, gear used, story behind the song or whatever ), and once we have enough submissions, weīll set up an iuma site
    Warm regards
    Eric

I wish i had my song "shadows" worked up

This thread inspierd me to go work on it....ill be back later guys!!

AAEOLEAN is in!!!!!! I'll submit a song, that is if you guys want acoustic stuff on it.

Aaeolean,

no problem, man ! It doesnt matter whether itīs an acoustic tune, a song by a band, instrumental or with vocals, or a solo piece for one guitar.
    That collection is supposed to showcase many different styles... which should be easy, cuz we have lots of different musicians here at ibreathe. You donīt need to record anything new, "Bullfight" or "Landslide" are awesome and would fit pretty well into that selection.
    Sure, everyone could just go and check out the MP3-links in the "Show & Tell" forum. However, I think it would be cooler and more convenient to collect a bunch of songs in one convenient place. Iīd i.e. love to have a CD with songs by different members... i.e. a tune by Gooskin, a tune by you, a song by Koala and his band, a song by Thorsten etc.
    Thatīs why I came up with the idea. So, lemme know which song you want to be part of this, post a URL, and weīll see who else submits something.
    Warm regards
    Eric

Eric my man! Great idea and i and Nosey (new member and the other half of my band) are certainly up for it. Id love to have all those IBM tracks bunched together. Great idea and ill help out once this horrid finals week is over.
    and oh yeah, its bangha... not banghra hee hee hee lol

Hey Eric,

I would like to add "daydreams of a marsian on dope" from the record you already own.

Marc
    "Truth is the invention of a liar." - von Foerster

Marc
    Thanks. "Daydream..." will be added.

Koala, sorry !

Eric

count me in and shoot me an email if this idea ever "goes live"

I applied for an artist page at Iuma. I donīt know whether theyīll actually accept the application, since itīs not really one band, but a compilation of music by several different artists and bands.
    I guess weīll have to see whether thisīll work out. If it does, Iīll post in this thread.
    If not, weīll have to look for another way to do this. Beast offered some filespace as a mirror. That might work, although I donīt know whether we can upload MP3s at a site like Geocities... those free providers usually donīt allow MP3-uploads.
    Eric