Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Hammer for Midnight?

Eric V & Thorsten Wannabe

Hammer for Midnight?

Hey all....

I'm trying to work out midnight, iv got the first 5 seconds... or so..
    Am i supposed to hammer all the notes with both hands, or can i kinda sweep with my fingers if im able to bar it?

Thanks
    After silence....that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music...

I had a look at the tab, and it says, that all notes are hammered.
    For example, the first notes .... the B is played with your first finger of the left hand, the F# with your third ( or 2nd or 4th, choose for yourself ) of you left hand. The higher B and the following D are tapped with your right hand. Its up to you which fingers you use. If I would play Midnight (at the moment its too challenging I think ), I would use my 3rd finger to play the first tapped note ( the higher B) and my 2nd to play the D. But its also possible to play these notes with your first and second finger ...........
    But I dont get what you mean by "kind of sweeping them " ??

BTW, Midnight rocks !!

Eric V & Thorsten Wannabe
    Doesn't matter, ur words helped me out!
    Thanks!

You have no idea how awesome it feels to play. Try it out. I never thought in my wildest dreams i'd be able to play it, but I practised for 3 hours today and got it downpat.
    By the way, I don't believe in tabs, I worked it out by ear, but couldn't pick out that it was tapped. Thanks alot!
    After silence....that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music...

I know what you mean, its a really incredibe song, and I try to play it.
    All I can do until now is the intro and the outro, but both at ridiculous speed, but I just began , so its no problem .....and always interesting to play it.... Are you able to play it on the recorded tempo ??
    At the moment I try to speed up my alternate picking and Ive got some succes, I "updated" my AP, it is about 10 BPM faster than I was before and Im still working on it, so well see what happens .
    and between the workout, some Midnight cant be wrong ........