Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jason Becker a God amongnsts shreders

Yep, I agree Eric.

I would like to post you a video clip for your comments.

I'm no IT expert by the way.

Daz

Quote Originally Posted by Carvinite
    daddy koala....thats got a good ring to it.....
    Uh oh... Koala you'd better be careful... things happpen you know... (I'd better shut up it may happen to me!! lol) Sorry I just couldn't leave that one alone... Mr Pollo rules!! (try it fried... good stuff)
    "If God had wanted us to play the piano he would've given us 88 fingers"

lol

Going back to the Becker, Malmsteen, and Friedman debate, I think it's awfully hard to really say anything about who's better among the three. Malmsteen does have a great amount of emotional connection to his music, but it seems at times like there isn't enough diversity in his playing, like something's holding him back...I don't know what it is, but apart from a few really different tunes (anyone else heard Flamenco Diablo?) a lot of his material sounds boxed-in. As for Friedman vs. Becker, they each have distinct styles. Becker's style seems more personal, but Friedman plays very melodically and with serious overdoses of exoticness (not a bad thing, necessarily, it's just completely unexpected at times). All in all, my favorite would have to be Becker, but they're all great.

Rock On,
    The Jeffinator

i dont know if anyone answered:

but jason played a hurricane guitar, one of marty's students hot rodded amps(marshall) and he used a boss super distortion pedal. but even if you had those things you would never sound like him.

hope i could help

o and id say friedman is better at things than jason and jason was better at things than marty, but who cares think of the music they made. unrivaled

Hi everyone,
    I'd like to express my oninion briefly.

1. Malmsteen.
    Well, he's certainly an awesome player and had a great influence on the guitar community, but unlike many guitar players do, I don't consider him a god, his first album Rising Force was beautiful but soon after things changed !!! (all those stupid vocals....!!). As a person it really seems a boaster, I never liked those kind of guitar players even if they are awesome musicians.

2. Becker.
    The first Becker's album that I listened to was Perpetual Burn, the introductive song, Altitudes was a shock for me , so beatiful so emotional.....Well, Jason was a great player and I like him more than Yngwie, maybe because like Carvinite said with him everything is fresh and new and everything just seems so much more vivid..... he was only 17-18 when he played with Cacophony and their stuff was beautiful, i think that Jason performed neoclassical music in a different way, with more freshness compared to other players.

I don't find Yngwie very erm musical, all his stuff I have heard sounds the same to me and I don't like it. I don't know anything about Jason Becker.

fan of the G string curiousgeorge's Avatar
    Who's better, who's faster, who's more melodic, WHO CARES?! Why can't you guys just accept things the way they are and appreciate other musicians and other peoples opinions on musicians. Seriously, this is such kids stuff...

Yeah, Jason Backer was truely amazing!!! Can you believe that at 18 year old, he recorded the Perpetual Burn album. Man guys in their 30's and playing for 20 years can't pull that sort of stuff off.

with Gods help, He'll get back to normal and live the life he deserves...

The true thing is: There isnt a better guitarist, there's a guitarist that you like more than others. (Of course any of those guys mentioned before are better than me )
    Do you remember Eagleheart? That's Me...