Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Van Halen

some dude that claims to have invinted taping created an all tapping instrument called the stick and the point is mute since there could have been some who picked a guitar for the first time and just started doing stuff and created tapping and he or she never got recognition.

Saw EVH when he came to my area. Simply awesome. Each of them did a solo, and during his, he stood there, did hammer-ons and pull-offs on the fretboard while turning the volume knob up and down...no picking or tapping. I'm not saying this is original or new or anything, it may or may not be, and I don't care. I'm just stating it was one of the coolest things to watch....and listen to. He did Eruption using this technique as well as other solo's from various tunes. The guy still has it....without question.

Quote Originally Posted by 6stringer12
    Saw EVH when he came to my area. Simply awesome. Each of them did a solo, and during his, he stood there, did hammer-ons and pull-offs on the fretboard while turning the volume knob up and down...no picking or tapping. I'm not saying this is original or new or anything, it may or may not be, and I don't care. I'm just stating it was one of the coolest things to watch....and listen to. He did Eruption using this technique as well as other solo's from various tunes. The guy still has it....without question.
    Yeah, the hammer-on thing w/volume swells and delay is from "Cathedral," if I'm not mistaken.