Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Project: Short Cinema Animation Sountrack

Project: Short Cinema Animation Sountrack

Hi guys,

As some of you might know, I am involved with a government initiative here in Austria, who actively promotes multimedia training.

Music plays a big part in this too, which is where iBreathe comes in ...

Ariane, one of the participants from last year, created a flash animation which we'd like to use in local cinemas to advertise these courses. The problem is that the music she used is copyrighted and we're not prepared to take any risks in that regard.

Before I go any further, I think it'll be best to show you Ariane's 'little movie' with a quick translation:

Here's the Flash (swf) file without any the music. (10 MB): www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/posts/frustrationen/frustrationen.zip
    (Once you've unzipped the swf file, you can just drag that .swf file into your web browser if you have the flash plugin installed).

The title "Frust-Rationen" = one of those German Word games :-) ie "Frustrations" turned into frust + rations - like a little pun
    Kennen Sie das??? = You know that???
    Nichts funktioniert wie Sie es wollen ??? = Nothing works like you want it to ???
    Bevor Sie völlig ausrasten: = Before you're driven completely nuts:
    Jungmedia Anmeldung jetzt www.jungmedia-tirol.at = This last part states that applications are available from that URL (Jung Media = Young Media and is the name under which the courses are held).

I think you can probably see where I'm going with this...: This is an opportunity to write and produce a score for this little movie - I think this could be quite an interesting project and good practice for anyone interested in composition, film scoring and recording.

FYI: The music she used originally was the first 35 seconds from "System Of A Down - Chop Suey" (Great Choice, I must say!)

Anyone willing to participate is welcome to take part. All we can offer in return is your name in the credits, the comfort in knowing that this is a "real world" portfolio example and that it's for a good cause ;-). Jung media must receive the submissions in about 3-4 weeks from now so they can choose.

If you have any questions, just give me a shout and we'll take it from there.

Thanks,

Guni
    Please don't email or send me private messages with music related questions as they will be ignored. Rather use the forums for this and I will try my best to take part as much as I can.

Afro-Cuban Grunge-Pop Bongo Boy's Avatar
    If this is a not-for-profit venture, then you should ask the record label if they'd care to allow the use of the 35s clip. Who knows, they might just grant permission to use it at no charge. (I'm sometimes a naive optimist)
    Pulsing the System with Confirmed Nonsense.

sorry for beeing off topic, but this is important.

bongo! what happened to your avatar? (was that you on that picture anyway?)
    the new one makes me dizzy! ... or is it 'cause i'm still drunk from yesterday ....

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo Boy
    If this is a not-for-profit venture, then you should ask the record label if they'd care to allow the use of the 35s clip. Who knows, they might just grant permission to use it at no charge. (I'm sometimes a naive optimist)
    I don't think that there would be any problems - even without asking :-( - It's such a short excerpt and it doesn't really use the 'hook' of the song. On the other hand I have tried to contact some publishers to get permissions for reprinting some sheet music on iBreathe - that was quite a daunting task and I didn't even get a response - the only thing left is to just take it and see if someone complains )

But that's not really the point - it would be just great to get a 100% original version together - and I like the idea of iBreathe being part of it and for someone taking up this challenge for a serious project.

Guni
    Please don't email or send me private messages with music related questions as they will be ignored. Rather use the forums for this and I will try my best to take part as much as I can.

I have done this type of thing before.
    I have just moved into my new home and will be setting up my studio this weekend. I'll watch it a few times and see what I am inspired to write.
    "Listen to the Spaces Between the sounds."
    Szulc's Site

Unlike James I haven't done this before but I'd like to help out. I'll see what I can come up with this weekend. Lets see who else joins up.
    "If God had wanted us to play the piano he would've given us 88 fingers"

hmm, cool. I´ll give it a try as well...
    "Truth is the invention of a liar." - von Foerster

I do this sort of thing on a "regular basis" scoring short films and animation stuff and other things of the like, Ill try to give it a shot, but my schedule is hectic these days. Still, if any of the Bangha stuff you´ve heard might work Guni, just lemme know and I´ll send ya it.

peace,

man i would love to give it a shot but i don't have any recording equipment, but if you tell me some specifications like genre, etc i would gladly rent a studio. studio.renting is really cheap in my country, like 4 dollars an hour

ohh, and i have a lot of material i am proud of right now but it's all in powertab but i could send it to you or post it and you could record it if you like it
    man, there's some guy who can play eruption on the violin and i can't even do it on the guitar