Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Highland Rock !!

Highland Rock !!

One of my guitar students has recently formed a new band and considering his influences (rock/metal, prog-rock etc.), I nearly fell over when he told me the leader of the band is a Scottish BAGPIPE (!!) player. Iíve loved what Korn & AC/DC have touched on with their mixture of hard riffs and Ďpipes but, in my rock/jazz/classical bubble, itís the first time Iíve personally heard it done in such a traditional (Scottish) way. I heard the debut of a new song at their gig on Sunday and the overdriven guitar and Ďpipes playing melodies in unison sounded pretty amazing on the ear.

After seeing them live, this rough sample is not really representative of how good they sound as a band (itís just rhythm guitar, Ďpipes & a drum machine) but itís a good enough indication of what theyíre up to. Check it out.

Enjoy!

(Any feedback would be appreciated)

Cheers Ö Paul.
    Attached Files Attached Files

God damn weird, but it fits in a way!

Skeletor's gots da funk. Skeletor's Avatar
    I love that... It's a little slow, but I'm a huge Bagpipe fan, I play a little myself. I could jam to this.
    Moi.

Cool stuff - I could definitely listen to that for a while. Reminds me of Dexy's Midnight Runners from back in the '80s, except not so pop sounding. I like it!

I like that...I do some stuff with Irish Whistle and am partial to Scottish and Irish music. Very cool!!

5 years, still suck.. Leviathon's Avatar
    I guess you could call it Scottish Prog??
    "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."