1. What is 8 Finger tapping, and what is position playing?
2. When playing artificial harmonics, I don't know which note comes out.
The only way of knowing this is by ear?
I have read that an artificial harmonic most of the time is the note an octave higher of the one I am playing (i.e. Pressing 5th fret on the G string which gives me C, gives me a C an octave higher).
Is this true?
I play the harmonic (the picking part) on a 7-string guitar over the humbucker pickup nearner the freatboard.
3. I also use a PC tuner to see which note I am getting.
How about Natural Harmonics? How do I know which note I am playing?
4. I have read that The Major scale has 7 modes starting on the Ionian Mode, and that the NATURAL Minor Scale has 7 modes starting with Aeolian.
Why the modes of the Harmonic Minor and Melodic Minor have also 7 modes, but instead of being called Ionian, Dorian, etc... are called just 1rst mode, 2nd mode, etc...? Or so I read...
5. Where I can find more "types" of scales, like the "BLUES", CHINESE, JAPANESE, ARABIC, EGYPTIAN scales?