Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: some bad a** metal riffs

some bad a** metal riffs

hey I have more shred licks than I know what to do with but now I need to find a good site to learn some metal riffs....not solos. Especially black metal and prog metal type stuff. the 'metal' riffs I found on this site are about as metal as my mother's tupperwear collection.
    Basically riffs in the style of Dimmu Borgir, Opeth, Cradle of Filth, Symphony X, Children of Bodom, Hecate Enthroned, Atreyu, Death, Nevermore, Iced Earth, Blind Guardian....I'll stop naming bands now.

you get the idea....

thanx

Uhm, would tabs be enough as for learning?
    You know, there are a bunch of tabs for those bands.
    At least some for Nevermore
    Too bad that the power tab and guitar pro versions of some nevermore songs are totally wrong when it comes to the rhythm (like The river Dragon Has Come)

Skeletor's gots da funk. Skeletor's Avatar
    Yeah, just look up tabs for songs you like by those bands you dig. That's what I do. Symphony X even has some on their site.
    Moi.

nevermore actually has that too
    Although only "old" songs. But still, it's a nice feature that the guitarist/s from a band takes the time to write tabs on their own songs and how they play them

Darkane has every tune on tab, but they are the guitarist's website (www.christofermalmstrom.se)

I actually have a tab lying around somewhere at home of "Enemies of Reality", the song that is, by Nevermore. Jeff Loomis is an awesome guitarist and songwriter. It's hard to believe he never really had a guitar lesson in his entire life.
    v2sw3CUhw6ln3pr6OFck3ma9u6Lw3Xm6l6Ui2Ne5t5TSFDAb8T DOen7g6RZATHCMHPa21s6MSr53Dp3hackerkey

It's hard to believe he is real when you hear his contribution to a guitar contest at the age of 16 (!!!)

I've got some tabs for EoR too, don't think I have the title track though.

BTW. GodDAMN what you get tired after listening to a drummer record for like 4h :S (or rather, program, but still!) haha. Cheers mates!

-boxฮดุฐฒฤฮถดฤณฮดุฐฒ
    Opeth's intro riff from 'Demon of the Fall' kicks ***!

Also, the intro riff from Black Label Societys 'Destruction Overdrive'.. THe Pinch Harmonics are damn tuff on the low E, so I do them one octave up, on the D string.
    "You don't fill somebody's shoes, you come with your own shoes and kick the door down!!!" - Zakk Wylde

-boxฮดุฐฒฤฮถดฤณฮดุฐฒ
    Also, try to listen to some Meshuggah. They have some bad arse riffs that are just a power chords with weird timing, and it sounds very cool...
    "You don't fill somebody's shoes, you come with your own shoes and kick the door down!!!" - Zakk Wylde

DImbag_darell
    umm yeah wat i do is look at like a bunch of different tabs and see which 1 sounds better, also check out the symphony x site, sum fan tabs but sum rite from michael romeo

it is refreshing to see people who appreciate real metal.
    "Every day you neglect your training it neglects you for two." -Bruce Lee

http://abysslord.com/ has a crapload of Iced Earth tunes tabbed out. A little nevermore on there too.