Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help figuring out the name of live Yngwie song intro

Quote Originally Posted by YngwieBodom
    its paganini adagio
    Dude, what's with the Mascara in the Avitar
    ________
    Harriet live
    Last edited by Sir Speedy; 09-15-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Tabs, please

Hey

Does anybody have tabs to the slow part before the Paganini intro? I know he lifted it off of an Adagio for Strings, but I'm just too lazy to tab it. If you have the G3 live in Denver video, then you'll see him play it before Far Beyond the Sun. Yes, I do have the video and yes I'm still too lazy to tab it. Actually, I've figured out some of it already, but Yngwie's too damn fast for me to follow, even when slowed down. If you guys know of a tab that would be splendid.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Speedy
    Dude, what's with the Mascara in the Avitar
    lol its alexi laiho from children of bodom

You sure it's from Paganini?

I've always thought that bit was from Tomaso Albinioni (and I am/was pretty sure about it).

Interesting, time to do some reasearch.

Why dont you just buy the book of his REH video which has them transcribed i believe. Or just buy the rising force tab book for adagio.

It sounds more like a part of Icarus Dream Suite. At least the on the live in Brazil 98 DVD.Here it is.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't mean to hijack the thread but i must ask LG12 something. I noticed your avatar and the first thing that obviously came to mind was H.P. Lovecraft. Just wondering if you like reading H.P. Lovecraft/Cthulhu Mythos or if it was something that you got off of a band who likes Lovecraf tlike Cradle of Filth or Morbid Angel. Just curious. I haven't seen too many avatars like that on these forums.
    v2sw3CUhw6ln3pr6OFck3ma9u6Lw3Xm6l6Ui2Ne5t5TSFDAb8T DOen7g6RZATHCMHPa21s6MSr53Dp3hackerkey

There movies based on his books to, 'the beyond' and 'Re-animator'. Alot of people like those.

oRg-

Yes, it was a shrinked down Cthulhu wallpaper. I am a fan of Lovecraft, but not so much the bands you name. I don't get too extreme with my music (more like Iron Maiden, Amorphis, etc)!

Hey, on an unrelated note, does anyone know of another site that could rival powertab.net since it took away all the tabs?? Boy, I miss that site. I suppose I should have posted that in a new thread, but I am feverish at the moment, and can't be bothered!

Even though it indeed is off topic, it´s good to see Lovecraft mentioned, as he is one of my all time favorite authors... have been reading his stuff since I was about 13 or 14, and still am fascinated sometimes. Interesting that the topic pops up in a Malmsteen-related thread, as he digs HPL as well... he has mentioned him in the credits of at least one album.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolet
    There movies based on his books to, 'the beyond' and 'Re-animator'. Alot of people like those.
    There are even more movies based on or inspired by HPL, check out this tribute site: www.hplovecraft.com ( go to "Popular culture" )

JG, I am sure someone here knows the URL of the site that has all the powertab.net TABs nowadays... it might be ultimate-guitar.com, not sure though
    Eric

Eric- thanks for the thoughts. Yes, Ultimate_guitar.com is the best site I've seen so far now that powertab.net is gone-thanks for reminding me of them.

And as good as some of Lovecraft's stuff is, it sure doesn't seem easy to get on film. I can't remember a movie based on his stuff that wasn't either a gorefest or a snoozer.

Thanks and take care--I really admire all the columns and posts you've contributed here!

Quote Originally Posted by JG12 View Post
    Hi everyone--

I'm trying to figure out if a bit Yngwie plays at the beginning of "Far Beyond The Sun" from the "Live In Leningrad" cd is something he made up, or is lifted from an actual classical piece. I thought I read something years ago that it was from a Russian composer as a bit of a tribute to the Russian audience, but I can't remember for sure.

Do any of you recognize this bit? Attached is a tab for it I made, and please forgive my sloppy notation, as I'm still in the beginning stages of understanding it. I don't have the background chords there, either, but I hope someone will recognize this!!!
    Thanks for any help!

many thanks for this!!!

The Answer is.....

Nicoḷ Paganini The Violin Concerto No 4 in D minor Allegro maestoso
    and then the Slow Part is Albinoni - Adagio in G Minor

I'm trying to figure out if a bit Yngwie plays at the beginning of "Far Beyond The Sun" from the "Live In Leningrad" cd is something he made up, or is lifted from an actual classical piece. I thought I read something years ago that it was from a Russian composer as a bit of a tribute to the Russian audience, but I can't remember for sure.

Do any of you recognize this bit? Attached is a tab for it I made, and please forgive my sloppy notation, as I'm still in the beginning stages of understanding it. I don't have the background chords there, either, but I hope someone will recognize this!!!
    Thanks for any help![/QUOTE]