Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Headaches when Singing

Unhappy Headaches when Singing

Hello,

I play bass and front my own band. Most nights I get really bad headaches during the 3rd set and thye will last through the 4th set and go away after I'm done. I don't understand why I get them... Any Ideas?????

In general, you can get headaches from dehydration (lack of water), or lack of oxygen. Singing a lot (breathing out) can often lead to breathing only just enough. Perhaps you should see a song teacher to get some breathing techniques? And if you remember to drink a couple of litres a day as well, this'll proabaly pass over...

-boxฮดุฐฒฤฮถดฤณฮดุฐฒ
    4 sets + Doing hard work on the stage and sweating + Too much beer = headache

drink lots of water!
    "You don't fill somebody's shoes, you come with your own shoes and kick the door down!!!" - Zakk Wylde

I appreciate the feedback... First of all... I don't drink beer when I'm playing, I have one after I'm done for the evening. I find that beer well effect my stamina and I will be draging by the end of the 3rd set. For the most part I drink Water or Coke with lots of ice. Breathing may be part of the factor as well. I will try to drink a bunch of water prior to the first set. Also, I do sweat alot and that could add to the dehydration. Thanks for the input!