Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: sight reading in key of C

Mod

sight reading in key of C

can some one help me out i'm looking for some stuff to sight read in the key of C for right now to get all the natural notes down then i will move on, but i need some stuff in the key of C or....A minor would probably work too. thx

Afro-Cuban Grunge-Pop Bongo Boy's Avatar
    I'm not sure what would be appropriate...but I just put this beginner's exercise up...

http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/...=&threadid=742
    Pulsing the System with Confirmed Nonsense.

Mod
    that will work a bit later on its too high right now. I'm trying to work in one section right now. Thx though ....keep em comin

Afro-Cuban Grunge-Pop Bongo Boy's Avatar
    Are you looking for exercises or something more like melodies? Have you tried using a fakebook? In my jazz fakebook at least, about 20-25% of the stuff appears to be in C, I'd expect the same to hold for a light rock fakebook. What about Modern Method for Guitar (I suggest it because there's NO tab in it to dork you up)?

Also, you could transpose the PowerTab I referenced to the section you're working in, that would be a good exercise as well.

Last edited by Bongo Boy; 12-31-2002 at 04:26 PM.
    Pulsing the System with Confirmed Nonsense.

Mod
    i'll have to look into the fake book, but the thing is i'm lookin for stuff thats free. But maybe i can scrape together the money