Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Structure

Question Structure

Hey, I've been playing on again and off again for a few years, but never seriously til the last couple months. When I "practice", I feel like I'm wasting alot of time because I don't really have a good structure to it. Is there any suggestions on how I can become more diciplined in practice. Also how can I incorporate theory into my practice session.

Welcome aboard lucaswhite2000! What instrument do you play? Sorry if I sound cold. Someone had to ask.

Talking Sorry

Oops I guess that would help, I play the guitar. Sorry

Hi again

That's okay. I couldn't be much help if you played drums or the piccolo. I'm sort of in the same boat as you with playing the guitar. Do you have teacher? Because a teacher can help you to set up structure. A metronome is a great way to help with being diciplined during practice. Know what you what to practice that for that or week even if your not playing your guitar. Write it down if you have to. You could do theory one day, scales another, eartraining yet another.

P.S. I hope I was of some help.

Lessons

See I don't know whats reasonable as far as lessons go. Around where I'm at they run about 65.00 a month for four 30 minute lessons. Is that a good price?

I pity the fool.- Mr T nuclear81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucaswhite2000
    See I don't know whats reasonable as far as lessons go. Around where I'm at they run about 65.00 a month for four 30 minute lessons. Is that a good price?
    That price sounds pretty good to me. Around here (NYC) teachers are about $30 for 45mins

Wow only 65 bucks per month. Teacher's run around $20 per half hour where I live. It's from $80-100 per month. March is my last month for lessons for a while. If you can't afford a teacher don't worry. You've joined ibreathemusic and got the internet. What was I thinking!?!

Oh, while I'm thinking it check out the articles section here if you haven't. Great reading on theory and structure. Go to articles, insights, and Do Not Disturb by Eric Vandenberg (EricV). Wonderful article that should help. Sorry I didn't mention that last time.

Good Luck!!!