Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New forum: Piano & Keys

New forum: Piano & Keys

Since the pressure has been mounting on us to unbearable levels through the demands of the iBreathe PDP (Piano Democratic Party) for instrument equality, we herewith announce a new addition to the iBreatheMusic Forums: The Piano and keys forum

Personally, I welcome this step to a great deal - although most of us are guitar players it is great to see that so many do see the importance of aquainting themselves with a key instrument. I think it's needless to list all the advantages of such knowledge.

Although not that obvious for iBreathe this is quite a big step. It always has been the idea to expand upon the offerings of guitar and stringed instruments. I really do hope we get the ball rolling and get some good discussions and articles - and for this we need your help.

How you can help?

- If you are a piano player or have some experience with it, please share your experiences and monitor the piano forum to help it gain momentum. Perhaps you have an idea for an article to share that we can publish on iBreathe.

- If you have a friend or band collegue who is into piano/keys, get him/her on board :-)

Over to you ..

Guni
    Please don't email or send me private messages with music related questions as they will be ignored. Rather use the forums for this and I will try my best to take part as much as I can.

Yup, lets get this place rolling!

Woo new forum!

I've always wanted to have a little mess about on a piano, maybe now I'll have the motivation to go through with it.........

Cool! Piano is my main instrument, but I play guitar a little too. A one-stop forum!
    =Bob=

Excellent job! This may push me further into picking up piano again!

thanks IBMM (Ibreathemusic management)!

Great! I seem to remember voting for this! I was a teenage synth player 20+ yrs ago.. eventually I turned into a guitar player but I still like a bit of keys...

This is cool...

hope everyone understands the importance of this move for us guitarists to turn into better musicians. I don't want it to sound like "pro-guitar move". But i think listening to other instruments and getting playing ideas is crucial!

Besides piano is a cool instrument in itself!

Thanks again!
    Edwin Land: Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity.

Nice! I always thought of learning piano/keyboard. Perhaps, this forum will give me some ideas!
    The Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing

NYC

Arpeggio in G Major please?

Hello! I just registered in this wonderful forum, and may I address this question to Bob, the piano player?

I'm learning to play the piano (rather late in life) and I'm at the breginning stage of the theory. My question is:

How do you play the arpeggio in G Major, separate hands for now? I searched google, but the best I could get was RH: 123 123 41 and LH: 321 321 43. Which is good and well, but I need to know WHICH note goes with each number or finger? I know it must be a really dumb question, and my young teacher is now away and I'd like to practice this so I can go on with the other practices.

I do play some classical pieces but not with the correct fingering or theory...I just read them very slowly, then memorize and play them, but I want to do it correctly, hence my trying to learn this elusive theory...

Thanks ever so much! Adela

P.S. You made some good link referrals to someone (whom I can't find now). I went to that site and was able to get some info, but though they indicated one can download 2 pieces per day, they cut me off after downloading just the one...

Quote Originally Posted by Adela
    Hello! I just registered in this wonderful forum, and may I address this question to Bob, the piano player?

I'm learning to play the piano (rather late in life) and I'm at the breginning stage of the theory. My question is:

How do you play the arpeggio in G Major, separate hands for now? I searched google, but the best I could get was RH: 123 123 41 and LH: 321 321 43. Which is good and well, but I need to know WHICH note goes with each number or finger? I know it must be a really dumb question, and my young teacher is now away and I'd like to practice this so I can go on with the other practices.

I do play some classical pieces but not with the correct fingering or theory...I just read them very slowly, then memorize and play them, but I want to do it correctly, hence my trying to learn this elusive theory...

Thanks ever so much! Adela

P.S. You made some good link referrals to someone (whom I can't find now). I went to that site and was able to get some info, but though they indicated one can download 2 pieces per day, they cut me off after downloading just the one...
    The Hanon exercises 41-43 include the arpeggios in all 24 keys: http://www.sheetmusicarchive.net/com...b/exc41_43.pdf

Right click and "Save as" to download.
    =Bob=

NYC
    Thanks so very much, Bob!!!!! Adela

Sorry I didn't see your post until today. Did that link let you download Ok?
    =Bob=

This is really great. I have only started taking an interest in learning piano/keyboard over the last year, and it's going to be so helpful to have a place like this to compare notes. From what I can tell, there really aren't the same kind of online resources for keyboard that there are for guitar.

Bob, that site you have listed here is a really good resource - thanks for providing it. I couldn't believe the amount of variety that they have available. The only caveat that I would add for people who haven't been there is that they only allow 2 downloads per person per day, so if you download something and then don't save or print it, that's still one down for the day.

I agree, but better than nothing at the moment. I have a copy of Hanon that I bought when I was in Jr. High. That was a lonnnnggggg time ago... It's rather ragged now.
    =Bob=

Just wondering. Does having a piano & keys forum mean we'll have articles? I was just thinking as well as the picking/chords/practising/whatever sections we have on the main site, there could be one for other instruments. Just a thought.