Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New forum: Piano & Keys

If you practice bad stuff, you get real good at playing bad stuff. We should practice correctly.
    Last edited by Malcolm; 04-22-2009 at 09:20 PM.

By the way, what music is everyone playing here?
    I just finished Chopin's Berceuse, am also playing a Brahms intermezzo and Beethoven D major sonata. Oh right and the Ab major Chopin etude (Aeolian harp).

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
    If you practice bad stuff, you get real good at playing bad stuff. We should practice correctly.
    Does this forum have any practice techniques or articles?

I love to play instruments and guitar is the first instrument that I used to learn. Now, I am starting to learn the keys of piano and I must say that I am really interested to it. I have a few pieces that I know and I am enjoying to it.

Quote Originally Posted by moniquebliss View Post
    I love to play instruments and guitar is the first instrument that I used to learn. Now, I am starting to learn the keys of piano and I must say that I am really interested to it. I have a few pieces that I know and I am enjoying to it.
    Keys are a great second instrument. Mine is right next to my guitar & bass practice chair. I use it for a click track and find it useful in working out melody riffs.

I especially like E-Z Play sheet music. E-Z sheet music - standard notation with the note name inside the standard notation symbols plus the chords are shown like you find in lead sheet music. Using this kind of sheet music jazz standards come together in about an hour. Piano music stores will have books of E-Z sheet music - just ask the clerks to show you where.

Yes love to relax on the keyboard.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Malcolm; 10-02-2012 at 12:54 PM.