Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: new piano music, please listen...

r.toscano

new piano music, please listen...

finally, a direct link,

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0C...D2X622ECQ0OMQB

variations on a theme,
    Last edited by bet23; 04-14-2005 at 04:54 PM.

Like I said before, I would love to listen if you would give me a direct link to an mp3. That's not an mp3 and I can't stream on my slow ISP and other complications that force me to only download to listen. I can't stream from soundclick either. I'm not trying to be difficult. I just want you to know I would and have tried to listen, but I can't. Sorry...
    =Bob=

r.toscano
    i dont stream from that site, im pretty sure you can download it... and it is an mp3 file...

thanks for trying though,

The file it's giving me is "d.aspx" which is an active server page framework.
    =Bob=

Well, I managed to download the file. Had to click around for a while, though...

If you just let the page sit for 30 secs... It'll automatically D/L the file attachment for ya. Just click the link and read some posts, you'll get the sound file in a few, no searching needed.
    They call them fingers, but I never see them fing.

Might be missing the reason here, but would this work for you Bob:

http://d9.yousendit.com/D/0CTKZX9IYS...nagarriton.mp3

EDIT: SORRY!! SCRAP THAT!! It just redirects you do the original page. However I should add that I just downloaded it from the link provided in the first post of this thread with no problems, as an mp3 not a stream.

And after that I forget to give feedback :/

Sounds cool! Some really nice bass stuff in there I like, and those dissonant arpeggio thingies around 3:38 are cool.

My laptop speakers are a bit stuffed and it's playing at really low volume so I'm probably missing a bit (or a lot), so I can't say much more than that sorry

I respond because I am trying to be polite. I don't want people to think that I would ignore them. Unfortunately, that has been misconstrued. So I tried the direct link to the mp3 you provided. Here's what I get:
    File Transfer: Incorrect link

You have clicked on an invalid or stale link.

Use only links generated by YouSendIt. Any modifications made to the generated link will be rejected. Here is an example of a valid link generated by YouSendIt:

http://www.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...890123456789AB

Once the download instructions are shown you must start your download within 60 seconds to avoid a stale link. If you wait longer than 60 seconds before starting the download you must go back and click on the original generated link.

r.toscano
    dont worry bob, its fine...

if you do want to listen, and have an email adress that can take a 7 mb file... give me the adress and I will send it to you... you can listen then, I will send you the actual file...

thanks for taking this time, and if you dont have time to listen, dont worry.

I know your intentions were not bad...

SeattleRuss provided me a direct link (thanks!).

Overall, I like it. Maybe too much pedal, kind of mushed it all together. I felt there was insufficient development for 5 minutes of music. Seemed to stay too close to the original key and would benefit from more and further excursions into distant keys. A little too much chording and not enough melody and melodic development. I'd shorten the ending too.

Perhaps you could have trimmed the 17 seconds of silence at the beginning and encoded it at a lower bitrate to keep the file size down. Should have been reasonably about 4Mb.

Don't get me wrong, though. I did enjoy it and it's nice to hear some classically-oriented material.
    =Bob=

I wasn't gonna say nuttin, but since its been said. I usually like that "dreamy floatly feel" piano music. But some of it I don't like. I don't like going to see some very talented skilled pianist play what sounds like 6 minutes of non-rhythmic noodling, just my opinion, I mean, its cool, I've gone to jazz faculty recitals (faculty jams for a couple hours) and the piano guys get together and do some crazy "experimental" stuff... cool... they keep it fun by maybe throwing in a pink panther theme or something. Don't get me wrong, its sounds good. But those are the parts I tend to doze off during. IMO... pieces like that are quickly followed with a powerful Scarlotti piece or something like that... hey, have anything like that. I'd love to hear that.
    They call them fingers, but I never see them fing.

r.toscano
    mateo, you meant to say scarlatti... I dont like music pre 1800's much, bar maybe bach... I tend to skip the whole classical movement... and youre calling my piece "non-rhythmic" noodling? and relating it too jazz? I just didnt get what you meant by your post...

to the others:

this is a sampled piano, not a real player, There are lots of things about this, that make the piece sound more stiff then id like... about the development, i agree... I had to stay at a 4 minute maximum... maybe I have TOO much material for such a small piece... and yes, it stays to much close to the key of C minor, I would have liked to extend the tonality of the piece as well...

Ive since moved on from this piece, so, I tend to not want to mess with it, just let it stand with its flaws as it is...

I kind of like it, though...

id rather listen to more chromatic inflicted music... (though this piece has heavy moments of modal borrowing...)

thanks guys...