Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Metal Jam in E

Hybrid View

Metal Jam in E

Ok i was mucking around and i came up with a kool 80's metal riff, since i love 80s metal . Its in the key of E, I have uploaded the backing track for fellow guitarists to improvise their own solo over. my solo is just an example. I used mainly E minor, Pentatonics, Aeloin, and some tapping pentatonics. If someone could add a sweep picking solo that would be so kool. So get your shred licks out there and make an improvised solo over my backing.

Thorsten, id be delighted to hear you play, cause i know youll ace everyone here!
    Attached Files Attached Files

ok maybe if renamed the title to "strictkly 80s metal" everyone would come in flocks? maybe not...

Well, here's mine

Hey Satch! Here's my sloppy-crappy take.

That's all I'm capable of. Mindless shred, with tone problems. It's sour and tiny, but it's mine

Anyway, I'm REALLY sad because Satch made a very good backing track (I really mean it) and simply nobody would post their take. What's the problem guys? C'mon!

Satch, your take was FINE. And the backing also. Hey, how d'ye record your playing? Because your guitar sounded way better than mine did.
    Can you spell T-E-N-D-O-N-I-T-I-S?

Don't worry dudes, it's a weekend thing.

I used to find that I would post on a friday or Sat night and would kind kinda nil response until the following week.

(Only me and Bobby on duty usually )

I fully intend to have a go...but it didn't sound too '80s to me.

Maybe I'm just so 80s, it washes over me.

I liked what I heard though, good job Satch! Bande, I'll check yours soon.

...anyway Bande you owe us a few stricklys eh? I've noticed you've been avoiding some...sour and tiny or not!

Modally Challenged!!!! mattblack850's Avatar
    At the bottom of another Bottle of Brown Ale.
    Hey Satch,
    Nice track, very.....Iron Maiden 'Running Free' kinda vibe!!!
    Unfortunately I can't upload stuff directly and have to rely on our good freind Russ to do these things for me!!!
    Hopefully not for too much longer!
    I'll try and do something for this as well as all the others I'm falling behind with!!!!

Bande, for some reason my media player won't play your take
    Last edited by mattblack850; 04-16-2005 at 03:16 PM.

Yep, i was thinking Running Free in the end..a cross between that and a speeded up Paranoid.

Nice take Bande, speedy stuff going on. crazy metal licks.

Hey

Well, Russ I've really been missing some strickklcktrlys (sh*t everybody spells it differently) - but if you really want some more crap from me... well ok. i'll post them. ('cause I've already recorded some but thought i wasn't gonna make em public). OK, then - meet you at the Strictrlkctrkclys. But now, I'm gonna go down and have a few drinks - cause feckye, it was my feckin birthday yesterday, and i'm gonna drink till I drop. Stricklys can wait...

Mattblack, I dunno what the matter with your Media Player might be - both my Winamp and my media player plays it. I'm sorry. But hey, you're not missing anything.

Oh, and Russ thanx for the words

Well, happy birthday dude! Have a good one and sink some hungarian brews for us!

Modally Challenged!!!! mattblack850's Avatar
    At the bottom of another Bottle of Brown Ale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bande
    Mattblack, I dunno what the matter with your Media Player might be - both my Winamp and my media player plays it. I'm sorry. But hey, you're not missing anything.
    Hey, Happy Twanging Birthday Dude!!!!!!

My media player can't open your file, it doesn't read whatever program you used to condense(?) the file!! Bleedin' technology!!

No no no... never drink any of these spilt brews of rotten fruits... nor vermouths or lollipop-liquors. Beer only. Strickly beer

How do you make beer in Hungary if you don't brew it?

Bande - Awesome shred on display there mate! i was blown away. as for the recording, yeah your tone was a bit "hows it goin" . when i recorded it, all i i do to record is use a drum machine, then a bass guitar down and guitar straight through a Behinger V amp( if youve heard of a line 6 POD, its like the poor man's version). . So i plug the vamp straight into the mic input of my pc with one of those cables which has one end a "fat guitar cable input" AND ONE CABLE those normal little speaker inputs.( dont know the technical names 4 em). so its that easy to mics, perfect direct sound with effects and amp simulations in 1 box, its seriously the best $200 i have ever spent!

glad you like the backing as much as i did!

keep em comin ppls.

Hey Satch!

Thx for the kind words, and for the advice also. i'll try that. But I'm not sure i'll manage to record myself with a mic from my amp, because the mic input of my computer is fecking with me.

Russ - I thought you meant this awful fruit booze by "brew". Of course, we also "brew" beer. Anyway, it is said that after the Czech Republic and Germany we are the 3rd best beer making country. Last year, one of our beers won 1st prize on a world-beer award (bad engish?). - It is SZALON. And, hey it is made in Pécs!!! About a few hundred metres away from my flat!!!

Don't wanna praise myself too much - so back to the MINOR JAM IN E!

Hi Satch,

very cool riff but I thought it was a little out of tune at times so I made a new backing for this.

The tab is for one of the arpeggios I played in the solo.

Hope you like it!

Cheers
    TK