Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: iBreathe Articles: Fingerboard Patterns

Afro-Cuban Grunge-Pop Bongo Boy's Avatar

iBreathe Articles: Fingerboard Patterns

What are you folks using to create the fingerboard pattern graphics used, for example, in Eric's Pentatonic Madness article?
    Pulsing the System with Confirmed Nonsense.

Regarding the "Pentatonic Madness" article, you would have to ask Guni... he did those patterns back when I was writing an article about pentatonics for Guitar4U.com.
    Mine looked different back then.

The other patterns that I put into my articles ( i.e. "Stretch Some More" or the upcoming one about 3NPS-patterns ) were created by opening the file below in Paint Shop Pro ( an old program, but it has some cool features ) and adding the dots with the spraycan-tool...

Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, I'm still doing them on my Mac, with some ancient program called 'Claris Works' (now it's called Apple Works). :-)

I've set up templates and creating the pics is a breeze. Thus, I've never looked into a solution on my PC, although any graphics program should be able to do the job.

Guni

Image Test Message

Here's a fretboard section created using MS Excel. Hopefully with a little VB code I can get it to draw the circles by just tabulating the notes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bongo Boy; 01-28-2003 at 04:07 AM.

Wow, that looks good, too... better than my patterns !
    Cool
    Eric

I'll try to get it smaller. I'm thinking this is one of those things that beginners feel they need, but after putting in the work, it becomes less useful. A stepping-stone, so to speak, not a long-term tool needed by a musician. That's what I'm thinking.

I like the freboard patterns. They help me study the pattern and learn it so I can move it where I need to for playing. Cuts my learning time fast!

Back before you could by tab paper I made my own along with blank fretboard patterns and took them to kinkos and had them copied and assembled into a tablet. Very handy when I was taking lessons or tabing out a song or patterning a fretboard pattern.