Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: structure and form rules and basics theory

Hybrid View

structure and form rules and basics theory

What does musical Form mean to you?

i don't get what musical Form means how does a composer write good form or structure in a composition?

Im mostly stressing about how a composer writes really good structure how does a composer do this what are the rules or basic of structure and Form?

Whats the difference between structure and form?

examples: Rondo form, Sonata form, 4 movement Symphony

How does ABACADA how does a composer write good Structure and form
    for a Rondo just focus about what is structure and form

How does Exposition,developement,recap in a Sonata form have really good structure and form how can i tell and what are the rules for structuring and form a good composition

4 movement Symphony: all the movements have to have "Unity"
    If a symphony has 4 different movements different phrases,tempos,rhythms,melodys etc how does it have good structure and form

I'm looking at Structure and form like building a house and classical composers did this but how did they learn structure and Form what are the rules to building structure and building Form in a piece?

Quote Originally Posted by brent
    How does ABACADA how does a composer write good Structure and form for a Rondo just focus about what is structure and form
    What does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by UKRuss
    What does this mean?
    Well, it's certainly not good sentence structure and form.

Brent, you have been a member for 1 month, 3 days, and have 219 posts. Most of them seem like you just opened a book ("The Big Book of Obscure Music Theory"-perhaps?) and started throwing out excerpts from every page. A lot of the posts are somewhat pieced together ramblings and it is hard to understand what the heck you want?
    I am still unclear what instrument you play and if you have your own stuff to share? I can't imagine that you are making any correlations, because you seem to miss what people are telling you. READ THE REPLYS! Make some kind of direct response to them so people know you have a clue!
    You are so obsessed with the finest detail of all this theory you can't seem to grasp, yet grammer, and communication seem to be lost on you.
    Maybe if I put it in your terms:
    How does a Brent make ABABABC so it is a coherent sentance
    Sentance-A grammatical unit that is syntactically independent and has a subject that is expressed or, as in imperative sentences, understood and a predicate that contains at least one finite verb
    Is this what people use to communicate
    how does sentance fit into a written language. does a sentance writer think about the predicate and know what verb to use, or does he just write it? How does a writer do this
    I am just curious.

Rondo

Quote Originally Posted by UKRuss
    What does this mean?
    Well, it is a musical form called Rondo. Often analyzed in classical and rock music, some examples of forms are: AA..,AB, ABA, ABCBA, and ABACADA.
    It is just way too much to explain just check out (if you want to learn about musical form):

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/musical+form

People who know this stuff really like to analyze every aspect of the song and understand the theory and structure upon which it is built.
    plaindrome. - creator of disturbed art.

lol,good one.

Not the music theory...the meaning of the sentence!

So what is structure and form? i don't get how to write a composition with structure and form what do they mean?

So what is structure and form? i don't get how to write a composition with structure and form what do they mean?
    It could be anything. Lets say we have a AB form. Then the song would have some sort of part half way and maybe B is a key change or a different chord progression. Maybe you even want to go back to A so you can make it ABA.

It's up to you to make build the structure. I personally would never think that way when writing =0)
    plaindrome. - creator of disturbed art.

What does musical Form mean to you?

i don't get what musical Form means how does a composer write good form or structure in a composition?

Im mostly stressing about how a composer writes really good structure how does a composer do this what are the rules or basic of structure and Form?

Whats the difference between structure and form?

examples: Rondo form, Sonata form, 4 movement Symphony

How does ABACADA how does a composer write good Structure and form
    for a Rondo just focus about what is structure and form

How does Exposition,developement,recap in a Sonata form have really good structure and form how can i tell and what are the rules for structuring and form a good composition

4 movement Symphony: all the movements have to have "Unity"
    If a symphony has 4 different movements different phrases,tempos,rhythms,melodys etc how does it have good structure and form

I'm looking at Structure and form like building a house and classical composers did this but how did they learn structure and Form what are the rules to building structure and building Form in a piece?
    I find many of your questions interesting, too, but sometimes it seems like you ask a new question before you've finished asking the previous one.

It sounds like you have got a mystical book with many technical terms which might lead to confusion.

On which level would you say you are, when it comes to understanding of music theory? Just to get an idea.