Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Strictly Outside

I still don't recognize it. The playing was good, however. And the lick itself was very standard. A shot in the dark: Could it be Gary Moore?

Hehe. Nice try AppleJoe. It very well could have been Gary Moore. But it's our very own Joe Satriani.
    Remember his album 'The Extremist'...New Blues is the name of the song ...I ripped off the lick and majorified it for my outside solo. My idea of fun. Go figure.
    I'm feeling up to a challenge, so I think I'll try Bnazzz's crazy progression. If I don't post something, it means I've gone nuts trying to figure it out.

P.S When I said "..a little sloppy.." earlier, I meant my playing I realise that I phrased that rather ambiguously
    Last edited by TonyDas; 03-12-2006 at 02:15 PM.
    Carpe Donut
    ================
    YahooID : tonydas81

Hey gers,been a while since i got your backing trk to play over,my first few attempts were horrible sounded very contrived,i was trying to play like a jazz guy which im not.last night i decided to just rec without stoping,this is the 2nd take.There was some nice comping from you and my regards to harry and rolf on the playing,on a track like this it helps when its live ,and for outside playing nothing beats the sound of a walking bass line.Thanks ,hanging out with all you guys is doing a lot of positive things for my playing..Tips on how i can improve will be appreciated.
    Regards---hermit
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you, hermit, for your kind words. Your playing sounds inside, allthough you got some great outside passages.... and probably more stuff that is outside that I don't recognise as outside. Nice tone and playing.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDas
    Funfunfun!
    Glad you liked it. Lots of good playing. A little hard on the delay for the traditional jazz sound, but it sounded great.

Hey gers,slipped my mind that this a strictly thread ,tried to play like i would at a gig ,too much of resolution i guess.Thanks i'l try again

Alright, it's true, I still can't play outside, but I'm still trying. Check this guy out. I think he does a pretty good job of going outside.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...600384436967&q
    "It ain't what you play man! Its how you play it."
    www.soundclick.com/kenvarieur

Scott Henderson is a great guitar player. Some great outside stuff from around 2:30