Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: The Extremst

Hybrid View

The Extremst

The extremist was orignally recorded with the guitar tuned down a semi-tone and the backing track I have is tuned down aswell. Does anyone know if a backing track exists where the guitar is tuned to E as it makes things easier for a recital I have comming up as then I won't have to retune in between songs. Cheers .

Hey Ben, actually you don't have to go that far. There are many pitch shifting tools available that will easily transpose a track down a semitone without affecting time.

Hi there, thanks for the help. Can you recommend a pitch shift program that I can save the pitch changed version of the song on and then burn it onto CD as the only ones i've been able to find so far only allow the file to be played on the computer. Cheers.

I use Wavelab for that. With that program, I can open an MP3, change the pitch or tempo ( or both ), and save it again as a Wave or MP3, so I can burn it onto a CD R with Nero or Real One Player
    Eric

Just found audacity which does the job. Cheers guys.