Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Where┤s James ?

Hybrid View

Where┤s James ?

Hey JAMES !
    WHERE ARE YOU ?
    Haven┤t been online a lot myself, but you haven┤t posted in a while neither, so... are you still there, reading this ? Are ya busy ?
    Eric

Eric,
    I hope you are doing well.
    I am still here....
    I was on vacation for a week then there was
    not much interesting on the site lately so I haven't had much to write. Besides, I have been frantically working on the PDF file for my book (Escape from the Cage). Unfortunately my main computer has a problem and windows XP won't boot right now, since I just bought the parts to make a new screamin AMD XP 2100+ I am going to wait until the parts arrive to repair my hard drive problem. It seems that windows XP doesn't warn you when the drive is too full, BEFORE you shutdown! I need the other box up running Win2000, Win XP or WinNT in order to be able to free up space on the NTFS partition.
    I did reply to a thread on major scales yesterday and to Guni's thread on Article Browser.
    "Listen to the Spaces Between the sounds."
    Szulc's Site

Oh OK...

must have missed those posts but that ain┤t a surprise, happens to me a lot

Anyway, good to hear you┤re ok. And yeah, those computer problems can drive ya crazy. The one here crashed all the way yesterday morning ( right when I was feeling better and wanted to do some work ). We had to move important files ( of course it┤s been too long since our most recent security backup save ) via DOS ( ARRRRRRRRGH )
    And right when we had it back running, a problem with the online-stuff occured and we had to reinstall Windows AGAIn ( twice a day... double-aaaaaaaaargh )
    Well, anyway, I managed to get all the important files, and the systems running again. I guess it┤ll be fine... for another week or so

Hey keep us up to date regarding that book, ok ?
    Eric

Originally posted by szulc
    Besides, I have been frantically working on the PDF file for my book (Escape from the Cage).
    What's the book about?

-Beast

This is a book about exploitation of the fretboard and exhaustive study of the fingering possibilities of scales and chords. The CAGED system is the common system that is used to teach guitar scales and chords. The name "Escape from the Cage" is a metaphor for learning a system that is less limiting. The book is the culmination of over 20 years of study. It originally was a means to help me learn and then to teach my students using the "little black dots" methods. More recently I have taken up the task of converting many of the ideas into Powertab and then to PDF. I have been working on this since 1980 (I have been playing since 1971).
    I had the idea to make it into a book around 1990, but keep adding to it. Finally I have put close on the ideas that are to be included , and am finishing it.
    Szulc's Site

I have only two sections left to do on this Book before it is ready for review.

1. Cycles
    2. Seventh Chords
    Szulc's Site