Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abi von Reininghaus ? for Eric V

Abi von Reininghaus ? for Eric V

Does he have a heavy metal band called Megaherz?

If not, there is someone on another board using the pictures from Abi's website and claiming them to be his. Which is no big deal I guess. Im just curious.

The net can be a strange place at times.

btw, Abi's music kicks ***!!

And so does this site. I've only posted a few times here, but I do stop in at least a couple times a day. And I usually come away with something useful.

Thanks

Brian

Hey Brian,

no, Abi┤s not in Megaherz. Do you happen to have a link to the board where they used those pics ? It isn┤t a big deal, I┤d just like to see that

( And yes, the net IS a strange place sometimes.. last year, for some reason, some dude was impersonating me in some MIRC-chat rooms. I mean, what┤s that all about ?!? )

Anyway, I┤ll tell Abi what you said. If you want to, send him an Email, he┤s a really nice dude.
    And yeah, his music rocks. I love the "King Of Heart" album... great songwriting, great guitar-sounds and toooooooooone

Warm regards
    Eric

Hey thanks Eric.

I'll do a search and post some threads. Or...the site is Guitar.com .

He posts in the Electric Guitar forum as X_ti. Before that he was Dundee the pod.(I don't know if I got all the caps and stuff right in those names)

It's kinda funny because the guy seems to really know what he's talking about at times.

Guitar.com was the first music discussion board I ever checked in to. There used to be a lot of good players there that posted great music and had intelligent discussions. But now it's mostly kids arguing about which band is better etc.

That site is kinda like Jerry Springer, once you start watching you don't want to stop.

Although there are a couple of people in the theory forum with excellent advice and instruction. JonR, in particular, is a walking encyclopedia of music theory.

Thanks again

Brian

Hey there, thanks, I┤ll check that out. I can assure you though that that is not Abi.
    I checked the guitar.com-forums a few times. I guess forums become a bit confusing or get that "Jerry Springer-vibe" once they get a LOT of members...
    It sucks once flaming and too many commercial posts or simply pointless one word-posts become standards.

Anyway, thanks again !
    Eric

Looking at some of his posts right now. Yes, he IS using pics from Abi┤s site, saying that the guitars on those pics are his.
    He posted a pic of Abi┤s white Relic Strat and said "I own this too, a 61 Strat"... LOL

At first I thought he simply didnt have a camera, and used the shots of Abi┤s Thorndal when he talked abotu his own Thorndal. But he used several of those pics and its kinda silly...
    Well, go figure =)
    Eric

I posted a X_Ti...X_posed thread there.

Check it out.

Do you mind if I quote your replies?

Yes, go ahead
    See, I don┤t see any harm done by the fact he used the pics from Abi┤s site, but I just checked out some recent posts ( you did post there, right ? ), and apparently, this guy claimed that he IS Abi, using that name as an artist┤s name.
    And thats a lie.
    Normally I wouldn┤t care, simply because that fake name stuff happens a lot on the web, but Abi┤s a good friend of mine, and this is getting kinda ridiculous. Obviously people believe he IS Abi, and so I kinda think this is getting too far.
    So yes, you can quote me there
    Eric

Can you send me a link to the thread you┤re posting this in ?
    Thanks
    Eric

Well, my thread got deleted.

Those people really believe that the guy is for real.

Oh well, it's the net.

I emailed Abi and told him about the "poser".

Things like this are why I do a lot of looking on the net, but not much participation. Hell, I can remember when I was the remote control.

Brian

Yeah I noticed that the thread was deleted. SO I guess Abi┤ll have to have his webmaster post something on his site or something.
    As I said, no harm done by ripping off a few pics, but to impersonate someone...
    Before the thread was deleted I saw someone post this in there:
    ""X-Ti goes by both names. Plus, a couple others.
    X-tian (or Christian) is just the name he uses for Megaherz.
    He's not trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes.
    He has admitted many times to using both names.
    I believe he uses Abi for his solo projects and magazine articles.
    He's a great guy. Fun to talk with. and Discuss things. He's very knowledgeable. So Please dont be goin all Michael Jackson on him."

I┤ll talk to Abi on the phone tomorrow anyway, so I wonder what he┤ll say....
    I┤ve known him for years, and ═ never hard him refer to himself as Chris. And I┤d be surprised to see him play in Megaherz.

Thanks for looking into this !
    Eric

OK, it's cool.

I've always been a person who means what he says. Sometimes I'm brutally honest and sometimes I don't know what I'm talking about.

I appreciate all intelligent advice. Even if it is from someone pretending to be someone else.

Sometimes I don't get it.

I talked to Abi ( he send his regards and says thanks for the mail... ) and he is both a bit amused and a bit concerned.

He had checked out some of those other posts by the dude, and he really is seriously implying that he IS Abi.
    So this will be taken care of now... we┤ll see
    Thanks
    Eric

Abi replied to me pretty quick. You're right, he's a great guy.

I would be concerned as well if someone was using my identity in ANY context. Lucky for me that will probably never happen.

I hope I didn't open a can of worms or anything. I just thought Abi should know.

Nah, you did right. I think Abi┤s pretty grateful that you brought that to his attention.
    After all, it┤s surprising no one realized this stuff yet. The guy has been doing it for quite a while now, and it┤s time this gets cleared up.

AFAIK, Abi and his webmaster are currently looking into this, and it looks as if the OTHER identity the guy used ( guitarist of Megaherz ) might be a fake too.

So anyway, thanks for pointing this out. Usually, it┤s no big deal if someone does stuff like that, but this guy obviously has almost everyone at guitar.com convinced that he is Abi.

There┤s a lesson for us in there somewhere, I guess

I mentioned that someone impersonated me on some MIRC chat rooms. I learned abotu that through some emails I got from a young lady who was very mad at me, although I had never talked to her before.

Thanks. I┤ll let you know what Abi and his webmaster┤ll find out
    Eric

Well the guy finally admitted he was a fake on guitar.com.

He said it was a joke that got out of hand. And his original intention was to get people to buy the real Abi's and Megaherz's CDs.

I hope that's the case. And nothing bad comes to Abi or Megaherz as a result.

Anyway, thanks Eric for introducing me to Abi.

Brian